810

Chapter 810 - Checkpoint

During lunch, I ate hot pot with Dong Cheng and Wan Er. After we came back, we discovered a pile of luggage indicating that Tang Qi had come back. That b*st*rd sure is energetic, coming back on the second day of the year.

That afternoon, I logged back online!

“Shua!”

I appeared outside of the Royal Army’s General’s Tent. Just in front of the garrison was the central camp. The central camp was made up of the cavalry and footsoldier units, while the left camp was made up of Long Xing’s Magic Flame Unit and the right camp was Xia Ye’s Star Rifle Unit. Fifty thousand troops were stationed at this garrison. The General’s Tent was the heart of the garrison, but it was very quiet and secluded. Han Yuan had prepared this tent for me, revealing that he thought of me as someone who preferred solitude.

When I walked out of the tent, one of the guards walked over to me and smiled, “General, you’re awake now?”

Looks like when players log off, the NPCs think that we’re sleeping.

I nodded, “Yup.”

The guard then candidly asked, “Commander, the other commanders usually have concubines living in their tents to accompany them. At the minimum there’s one, but there can also be several. From what I hear, his highness Theodore has seven concubines in his tent, while the second prince has four. Even the Marquis Louis has one famously spoiled concubine. So why is it that my lord’s tent completely empty?”

I let out a bitter laugh, must I do as the Romans do here as well? But I’m a man with a girlfriend. If Wan Er found out that I kept a concubine in my tent, it would be a miracle if she didn’t kill me. Plus, even if I were to bring a girl back to my quarters, it would be Wan Er. And so I shook my head with a smile, “Guard, do not worry about these matters. Naturally, I have a girlfriend, but you do not need to know more.”

The guard stiffened. He clearly didn’t know the concept of a girlfriend. Even so, he nodded his head and said, “Yes sir!”

I summoned my Flying Scythe Horse and galloped straight towards the training grounds. I could hear waves of shouts rising above the camp as I got closer. All of the barbarians in the Blade and Shield camp were training their defense and advance tactics. In the distance, I could see that the cavalrymen were training their riding skills.

Han Yuan had his blade in hand and stood among the crowd of barbarians. He would slice at the shields at different angles, revealing any weak points in the formation. He was personally demonstrating these tactics. Even though he was a high-ranked general, he did not put on any airs and mixed right in with the soldiers. His strength was also increasing and he became more powerful as the days went by, making him one of the strongest experts in the Royal Army. Of course, that was excluding me, the commander. After all, I wasn’t an NPC, and Han Yuan would never try to fight against me.

“The general is here!”

Han Yuan put down his blade and immediately walked over to me with his spear to welcome me, “General!”

I nodded in acknowledgement, “Are there any new developments?”

“I sent a recon team out this morning, but they haven’t reported back yet.”

“Got it!”

  ……

A few minutes later, a line of soldiers rode back into the camp, creating a cloud of dust. One of them stepped forward and said, “Commander, General, we’ve already scouted out the entire eastern shore of the War God’s River, but we did not find any suspicious docks or ports. The only one we found was a port that was abandoned and had been burned down by the Dragonling Army about half a year ago. I believe that their stronghold must be on the western banks!”