The Escape

Sakura's POV

Eyes flutter open, taking a few blinks to bring into focus the ceiling.

"Where are we, Sasuke?" I roll over to find him not beside me, so I jump out of bed, registering the scent of another all over the bed. The sudden crashing to the floor startled me as I look down, confused at my attire and the weakness in my body. 

"What in the" Eyes scan everything around me as my mind floods with memories, "Sasuke," I pull myself up and force my legs to work as I begin walking to the door. 

Stumbling forward I almost run into it as it opens, leaving me face to face with William, eyes widen as he sees me. 

Pulling back in shock I accidentally knock the tray from his hands and look at him quizzically.

"I was bringing you food, but it seems I'll have to ask for more."

I lean against the door for support, "What happened?" 

He steps back, "Raphael, help Miss Haruno back into bed." A tall dark-haired man nods before picking me up and I yelp but sit back on the bed. "Jane says you can't handle your alcohol." 

My brow creases as I recall asking her and her husband if they'd seen Sasuke at all. When they said they weren't sure Jane offered me a drink, but I had only one before . . . before what?

I reach up and rub my neck a small sore area aching under my fingers.

"Did you find Sasuke?" He sets the tray next to me and shakes his head.

"I couldn't find him anywhere. Maybe he had to run and gather a few things while you were having fun." I groan and lean back.

"He wouldn't leave, not without telling me where he was going." I was so frustrated that I wanted to cry, but I wouldn't, not till I find him and give him a piece of my mind. "Thank you for helping me look though."

He sends Raphael to retrieve some more food. I accept it when he returns because I felt famished, but we eat in silence till he stands back up.

"Let me play you something." 

I look at him while I stretch my legs and begin to stretch out the rest of myself while he walks over to a violin. "I have one back home." I thought aloud and he turns.

"Who made it?" His eyes sparkling with interest till I shrug.

"I don't remember, but Sasuke said he was a master violin maker whom he was aquatinted with." 

William slowly nods as he lifts it to the right position and began to play. I listen to the beautiful melody when I felt, for just an instance, Sasuke's aura. I shoot up and walk to the door once more opening it but only found two people standing in the way with their backs to the door.

"Why are there men in front of the door?" I ask William, but that was when I felt the door slip out of my hand and slam.

"They're doing their job." I jump at the sound of the door before frowning.

"William, what are you hiding from me?" We stand there and I tilt my head. "Who's out to hurt you that you ne-"

"They're for you!" He cuts me off and shouts causing me to step back.

"I can take care of myself but," I stop and look him up and down, "Where is Sasuke?" He reaches out to me and I step back. "Don't touch me!" I yell, stumbling slightly. He draws his hand back and looks at me confused.

"What did that monster do to you?" 

My jaw drops at the words, "Excuse me?! Sasuke is not a monster."