Making it Right

Tony Stark

When she hit me and screamed at me, I deserved everything she threw at me. I didn't know what to tell her or how to make her feel better. Once she fell to the ground, the only thing that I could think of was to kneel next to her and wrap my arms around her and hold her tightly. Lily has been through so much and needed Peter, but he is gone, her heart is broken, and it is my fault. She was right, if I didn't have him help me try to bring Cap down, he would still be here....right? The kid needed to stay here with us, even Pepper agreed, she shouldn't be alone at home.

As we stood up, Banner simply said 'it's you' towards her, making her stop in her tracks. She surprised him by running to him and embracing him. I let out a small chuckle as Bruce almost fell to the ground, and he hugged her back. I know she isn't my kid, but she is my responsibility as Peter was before this all happened with Thanos. I cannot and will not leave her by herself, after all she's been through, she needs someone to help her and be there for her. When we showed her the room, she then unexpectedly turned to me and looked at me with her steel gray eyes and said that I would be a good dad one day. That definitely warmed my heart, I said thank you and wrapped my arm around Pepper's waist and told Lily where we were at just in case she needs anything.

"She's right you know." I heard Pepper chime in. I turned to look at her and raised my eyebrows. "Right about?" I asked. Pepper smiles at me, that beautiful million-dollar smile. I love her so much. "She then sighs, "About being a great dad." She replied kissing me on the cheek. "I think this other cheek needs attention." I smirk, she shakes her head and then kisses me on the other side, "And?" I said to her wiggling my eyebrows at her. "Tony." She says but still gently gives me a quick peck on the lips.