Chapter 4

Lance's point of view

For Lance, the next few days went by pretty quickly and easily. Go to some classes, hang out with Pidge and Hunk, "study" and do his homework. He even ran into Keith a few times, seeing him in the hallway; he even had a class or two with him, and just seeing him with or walking with Shiro. Other than that he was normally alone, he didn't seem to like people much at all. He wondered why that was.. maybe he'd find out one day.

He did feel a little bad for him, though he'd never admit it to his face. Keith was always alone, it's like otter than Shiro he didn't have anyone to hang around or talk to or anything. Lance got it because he is new and all, but still; no one seemed to try, neither did he. As if he was fine with being alone, or maybe he didn't even want other people around.

Lance was walking down the hallway again as he thought, going to the library out of pure curiosity. He thought he wouldn't care about it after he wrote the simple, boring message on the table, but for some reason he found himself wanting to check to see if someone had replied days after he put it there.

So, he dragged himself out of his room, having no classes that day; and walked mindlessly to the library.

Lance had made it after a bit, and walked inside casually. As usual, not many people were there, just the occasional group working on a project assigned, someone reading here or there and so on. He walked to the back table, the one he sat at days before, and fumbled around with the blue mechanical pencil in his pocket.

Lance sat down, looking at the words on the table. Right under where he wrote, in, he had to admit pretty nice handwriting, the word 'hi' simply sat there. He didn't know why, but for some reason he was shocked and a bit happy that someone had answered, although he didn't know who it was and likely wouldn't find out for a long time.

Lance took the pencil out and looked around, biting his lip a bit. What should he say back? He didn't want to just leave it there. He looked back at it and probably spent a good five minutes doing so, so he simply wrote: 'How are you?'

He finished writing and looked at it for a minute, before standing up and deciding to head back to his dorm and hang out with Hunk.

Pidge was probably going to be there too, knowing her. At times it was like she lived there with them. She'd stay a lot of nights over, had a lot of her belongings scattered about their already pretty messy room, Lance's area, around his bed and stuff was more unkept than Hunk, who was actually pretty organized. At times Pidge would stay over and play video games with Lance until sunrise. When Hunk stayed for those he would watch or make snacks, sometimes playing too other times deciding just to sit out.

Lance walked back, at one point absent-mindedly humming to himself a bit, but stopped when he saw someone else turn the corner and walk the opposite direction. It was Keith. On the other side of the hallway, and they were heading right for each other. Should he say hi? Flirt with him or just let him pass or?

There weren't many other students, or people in general in the hallway around this time. It was around eleven in the morning, and it was just the occasional student walking, teacher grabbing papers from a printer in another room or something along those lines, and a few others. Who knew?

But the chance of running into Keith? Seemed very slim to Lance. Whatever, he still needed to get close to the raven haired boy. After all, they were soulmates, so Lance couldn't blow it with him. He still wondered, would it be destined that they had the stereotypical love story? What if they didn't fall in love with each other?

Either way, Lance was absolutely determined to get with him. He wasn't one hundred percent sure why, he just was.

In the time that he was thinking, he had gotten closer to him, and they were now dangerously close to crossing paths. Keith looked like he was heading towards the library. He never took Keith as someone who read books. Oh well, the more you know, he guessed.

Taking a deep breath, Lance looked at him, and saw Keith shift his gaze after a second and lock eyes with Lance. His eyes are so pretty, Lance thought to himself. They were a nice shade of violet, maybe even indigo, either way. When one of them was his he never thought to actually look at it, but he would miss seeing that beautiful color every single day.

"Hey gorgeous." Lance said to him, stopping as Keith was now about ten feet away from him at most. He saw Keith roll his eyes and shove his hands into his jacket pockets, but luckily for Lance, Keith did stop as well and looked back at Lance.

"What is it?" He asked and Lance smiled at him. "Just wanting to talk a bit, soulmate." He teased lightly, and he swore that for a second he saw a light tint of pink on his cheeks, or he hoped he did. "Well, were talking." He replied and Lance crossed his arms. "You're no fun."
He shrugged and Lance rolled his eyes.

"So what's up then?" Lance asked, hoping to start some sort of conversation. "Not much, don't have a class until this afternoon so I was just going to the library for a while." Keith stated and Lance smiled. "Oh, I never took you for a book nerd." As soon as the words left his mouth Keith glared at him, not harshly though just as a warning, since Lance was messing with him.

"Alright, Alright." Lance said, a bit defensively, before Keith spoke after a second, to Lance's surprise. But hey, he wasn't complaining in the slightest bit. "So, I told you what I'm doing. What about you?" Keith asked and Lance smiled a bit. "Going back to my dorm, probably going to play some games with Pidge or hang out with Hunk." Keith nodded, and Lance realized that Keith probably didn't know them and spoke again.

"Hey, maybe sometime the four of us could all hang out? So you could meet them and everything." He suggested and Keith shrugged, "I mean, I have nothing better to do." Lance smile brightened, and he had now the slightest bit of that signature flirtatious smirk in his expression. "So, does this mean I can get your number so we can make plans?"

Keith took a second before speaking again, that same tint of color returning to his cheeks but ever so slightly more noticeable. But you'd have to look closely to see it. "Don't get your hopes up just yet, Lance." Lance shrugged and smiled, the fact that Keith used his name made him happy. Lance then looked at him again, "I guess then I can just come by your dorm and we can make plans later or something??" He asked and Keith shrugged again in return.

"Alright, fine then." Lance smiled, "what's your dorm number?"
"53" Keith said and Lance nodded and smiled, "does tomorrow work?" Lance asked and Keith thought for a second. "I guess. I only have a class on the morning so I guess you could come over in the afternoon."

Lance smiled, he had the same, one class in the morning. Maybe they'd even have a class together? "Works great" Lance said and Keith nodded. "I guess I'll see you then." Keith said and Lance nodded happily. "Of course you will, who would I be to leave my soulmate hanging like that?"

Keith simply rolled his eyes and turned, starting to walk off. Lance smiled, and he could have sworn he saw a small smile on the glimpse of his face he got as the other walked away.