Chapter 17: A Punch For You

* * *

He fell to the ground in pain.

His left cheek swollen and beyond red. If you looked closely you could see blood in the corner of his open mouth. His head hit the cold hard ground with a loud thud.

He became unconsious.

The boy who stood there was freezed. His heart pounding to the moment it felt like it was gonna explode.

"HINATA!" He cried.

The tall boy didn't catch up in time. He saw his spiker get hit in the face. What is wrong with people!? He watched him lay on the ground without getting up. The Nekoma setter just stood there, shooked. That's when it all changed. All his worries morphed back into anger once again.

Kageyama walked up to them now with head down. You would think he was almost calm. He patted the setter's shoulder signaling him to take care of the little orange haired boy. Kageyama didn't know if he got the signal but he would think that they would go to Hinata's house if anything.

They're so f*ing gonna pay for this.

Without warning he punched the one that punched Hinata in the face. The guy fell to the ground. He turned around looking up at Kageyama. That's when he saw his horrifying facial expression. Kageyama was beyond mad right now. The guy was frozen at that, the other two just chuckled. As if they didn't think he was that intimidating. Kageyama bit his inside cheek when hearing the laughs from behind. He turned around again. The hand he punched with was red as the jaw it hit.

One of the taller guys gave him a swing to the right.

It missed.

He tried again to the left.

It missed.

He swinged his arm upwards.

It hit.

Kageyama wasn't prepared for it to come that way. His jaw got a blue bruise. Hinata didn't deserve this. Not at all. He is needed on the court. If he gets hurt, the whole team is gonna fall. Kageyama couldn't pick up on where his location was at the moment but he assumed the Nekoma setter had already taken him back to Hinata's house. At this point he couldn't control himself. Rage overpowered him.

Kageyama returned the punch. The tall guy who had laughed at him fell to the ground. Not unconsious, but barely. He shivered.
Kageyama gave the last tall guy a death stare. The guy jumped. Kageyama's face could tell a thousand words.

Get lost.

Coward.

Everything at that park ended with them walking away in pain. Both the three tall idiots and Kageyama. He hurt his jaw, not to mention his fists too. But he couldn't care less. All he could think about was his little spiker. Without a thought he hurried back to Hinata's house.

* * *

Hinata opened his eyes. He felt dizzy and his cheek hurt. The room he was in was dark. Must be because it's late, he thought. As he sat up he touched his left cheek, it was swollen. He looked like a squirrel with it's left cheek full of nuts. Then he touched his forehead. Bandaged. Woah, he thought. Hinata realized what happened. There were three another intimidating tall guys who walked up to them with too much confidence. The guy at the front was the shortest but not too short, maybe a little shorter than Kageyama. He had blonde spiky hair with a bandana. The other two who walked behind him was much more taller. They looked like giants. The first guy was also blond and he was buff. The last one was dark haired but skinny. They didn't say anything, they just laughed a little. Hinata could tell that him and Kenma weren't gonna have a nice conversation with those guys. Then Kageyama showed up out of nowhere. And then-, and then? Hinata has no clue what happened after that.

He tried to get himself out of bed, though he needed to hold on to something because of his headache. As determined as he is he dragged himself out in the lit up livingroom. Meeting someone who he didn't expect.

Kageyama could hear weird sounds upstairs like it was windy or something. But then those sounds made it's way half way down the stairs. He turned around seeing Hinata trying to get down the next step. He immediately jumped up from the sofa.

"What are you doing dumbass? Get back to bed!"

"But Kageyama, it's loney upstairs and I'm not tired anymore. I just came to see if we got any pills, my head hurts a lot." Kageyama watched him trying to get down the stairs but he somehow slipped. Kageyama hurried to him in order to surpress the fall. The small boy landed in in arms. Hinata looked up at him. Smiling as a thank you for catching him. Kageyama blushed and mumbled something that Hinata couldn't make out.

They sat down on the sofa. Kageyama had got the pills for him and while he gulped it down with some water, he also asked what happened at the park in the middle of him drinking. He obviously choked on the water because of that. Kageyama told him what happened. How he kicked their butts and that Kenma left a little while ago in order to get home to Tokyo in time. From Kageyama's perspective Hinata didn't seem so happy to hear that. Kageyama held his breath.

"Kageyama. I don't want you to hurt people because of me, or because of anyone." Kageyama got sad and a little pissed that Hinata didn't appreciate what he did for him.

"But they hurt you first! I got really mad you know! See, I got myself hurt just for you!" He showed hinata his blue jaw and bandaged hands. There was a minute of silence after what Kageyama had said.

"I wasn't there when it happened so I guess I can't complain. But next time, please don't do that again." His face turned from sad to happy. Hinata smiled at him like a little sunshine. Kageyama's cheeks got hot as he nodded. Suddenly he felt soft lips against his blushing cheeks. Hinata kissed him on the cheek as a thank you. He quickly returned to his previous spot on the sofa cheeks red, once again smiling.

Kageyama smiled too.

———————————————————————
Woah Kags chill out. He just unlocked his final rage zone. Jesus christ.

Thx for reading!!