Chapter 3

It was 11:53pm and natsuki's dad still hasn't came home yet neither of the girls were paying attention to the clock. The longer Yuri stayed with Natsuki, the bigger the unknown feeling in her heart grew.

They continued to watch different movies, from comedy to horror or mystery to drama. It didn't matter. It was the most fun either of the girls had.

" Can I be honest with you? " Natsuki began as she sat up from the other side of the couch.

Yuri nodded, " Of course "

" I honestly didn't think you would like me.. "

" L-L-Like? " Yuri hesitated with her cheeks starting to burn up. What natsuki said hit her hard. Is that what that feeling was? She never thought she could actually LIKE natsuki.. she thought about it in her head for as Natsuki continued.

" I thought you hated me for some reason.. so I returned the cold shoulder " Natsuki nervously chuckled.

" Why would I hate you?! " Yuri's words spilled, " You're really cute! "

Silence filled the room. Yuri couldn't believe she just said that. She wished she could take it back but obviously, it can't be undone. Slowly but surely, she finally just accepted the fact (which she was trying to avoid).. She has a crush on Natsuki.

" Uh.. " Natsuki awkwardly smirked, " Hey.. um.. it's getting.. late.. "

" A-Ah! I suppose it is.. " The purple haired girl replied feeling upset with herself.

Natsuki stood up and grabbed Yuri's bag, " Here "

Yuri grabbed her bag and got up from the couch, fixing her uniform and her hair awkwardly. Natsuki then walked to the door and opened it for Yuri.

" I know this is sudden but papa texted me staying he'll be here any minute " she said blankly as before.

" O-Okay I understand "

Just after Yuri took the first steps out the door, " I'm sorry nat- "

The door closed.

-

Private Messaging

Yuri: Hey Monika.
Monika: Hey! :) what's up?
Yuri: I need some help.
Monika: Spiilll o: I'm listening
Yuri: Okay so.. I have a crush on someone. Or I think it's a crush. But the point is, I've said something that made the person uncomfortable and I'm worried everything would change.
Monika: You think??
Monika: Do you want to be with this person?
Yuri: Of course but we're just friends.
Monika: Do you care for this person?
Yuri: Yes
Monika: Do you want to do lewd things with this person?? ;))
Yuri: Monika please.!
Monika: LOL I was just playing :)
Monika: You can't ever guess what you're feeling for someone nor try to change those feelings. You can't stop your feelings and it sucks at some points but its life
Monika: I can't tell you that you 100% like this person. Only you can answer that
Monika: Follow your heart, Yuri !! Not your mind 💚💜 do what you KNOW is best!

Yuri laid in her bed, re-reading the last message. Now that she thought about it, she's probably been thinking about her feelings a little too much. Monika is right. You can't stop yourself from loving someone. It just happens.

Turning off her phone and setting it aside, yuri hoped that what she said wouldn't be the reason why natsuki stopped talking to her.

She took a glance at the clock and it was already 1:09am.
-

That morning, yuri didn't find it surprising at all since natsuki wasn't waiting. And just like that Yuri jinxed what she was worried about.

" Oh great.. " She mumbled to herself and started walking. The wind blew ever so slightly but the sun continued shining bright. Another quiet walk but the loneliness was getting depressing. Yuri signed, turning from the block and all of sudden she bumped into someone.

" Ah! I'm sorry! " Yuri quickly apologized and then felt her heart skip a beat. It was Natsuki.

" Wh-What took you so long, idiot?! " Natsuki yelled with a red face.

" You were waiting for m-me? " Yuri spoke, sounding puzzled.

" Well DUH.. monika would get upset if she sees one of us alone.. "

Natsuki grabbed Yuri's arm and pulled her along, " We're gonna be late! "