Author's Note

Hello, Intrepid Readers 👋🏻😉🤗❣️

You knew I couldn't stay away for long, didn't you lol?

So, I know all of you have your favorites, and all of you were rooting for sequels of those guys, but I have to feel fulfilled as a writer or I just won't write, you know? And you also know that my output is prolific, right? So I have to feel, like, really, really fulfilled, right? And you also know that those lovely bonus chapters you all love so much are much more likely to spring forth when I'm happy and busy writing something else, right?

So, this is good for all of us, I think.

I did try to think about a sequel, too, okay? I thought about Jane and Charlie, and Jack and Kelsey, and George and Scout, and even Pete and Daisy, and my latest happy couple, MJ and Heath. I also ruminated about my spinoff couples, or my crossover couples, if you'd rather call them that: we have Anna and Bear (I really think I'm going to write something for them, I do, I like them a lot), and Archie and Clio is going to happen, too, though of course I'll make them both at least four or five years older. I actually contemplated having Archie show up in this story in Elliott's stead, but I needed this character to be pissed off, at least at the beginning, and Archie's just too sunshiny, you know? So I put him away, at least for this one.

And I realized that I wanted to write a story set in a high school. As I've told you all, ad nauseam, I was a high school substitute teacher in another life, and I miss it. I miss the kids. I miss the shouting, the laughing, the swearing, the junk food, all of it.

So you'll probably notice that my Ruthie is younger than my MCs usually are. And I haven't decided if this story is going to be as sexy as my stories usually are. It might be, it might not. Or maybe it won't be at the beginning (I mean, it definitely won't be at the beginning), and I'll change my mind and just suddenly throw some in lol, who knows? I'm going to play fast and loose, is what I'm saying; the middle chunk of this story is all open, okay?

Okay, you know the drill--read the blurb, send me some covers. Obviously the title is a play on our wonderful Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's nickname, "Notorious R.B.G." Because that woman is a superhero and a GANGSTA.

And we need her, the real RBG, right now, more than ever.

And no, it's no coincidence that the A-hole boyfriend's name is Brett.

Here's the real one, the Honorable Ruth Bader Ginsburg, when she was a young student at Cornell, before she became one of the best lawyers and justices our country has ever known (I KNOW, gorgeous, right?). And YES, this is the same woman who's up at the top in the crown!!!:

 And YES, this is the same woman who's up at the top in the crown!!!:

And here she is when she was a beautiful little girl. I'm a huge fan of this woman. We should all raise our little girls to be JUST LIKE HER.

 We should all raise our little girls to be JUST LIKE HER

See you in a couple days!!

TMH.