Temptation Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I was woken in the morning by four things; The blistering sun that streamed through my window; Hunter snoring in my ear; Zoe screeching at Demon; and my phone beeping.

I rolled over, groaning. Luke's number flashed up. It was eight in the morning. And it was Saturday! Hadn't he ever heard of a lie-in?

"What?" I growled.

"Lace, we need to talk." Luke's voice sounded down the phone.

"Bugger off. I'm trying to sleep. Not that you can get any in this stupid house." I shouted so Zoe could hear. Hunter was jolted awake and rolled onto his belly.

"Lacey." I hung up and turned my phone off.

"Lacey." Max's voice shouted through the walls. "I want to talk to you."

I heard a ferocious bang on my door. I ignored him.

"I don't want you seeing him, Lacey." Max growled, his voice scaring me.

"I'll see who I please." I retorted, sitting up.

"I don't think so. If he comes anywhere near you, I'll rearrange his face with my knuckles!"

"Just because girls don't look twice at your ugly mugs, doesn't mean I can't go out with someone."

"Let me in, Lacey, or I'll break the door down!" Max hammered.

Tears streamed down my face. I rolled onto my stomach and buried my face in my pillow.

"Max, leave it." Alex's sleepy voice muttered.

"Why aren't you pissed like me?" Max stormed. "Aren't you angry that some punk is taking advantage of our baby sister?"

"Yes. But, it's eight in the morning." Alex growled. "Plus, she's not going to come out with you ranting."

And they were off. Voices rose. Things were said. And, it was my entire fault.

It was a good ten minutes before I threw back the covers and marched over to my door.

"SHUT UP!" I screeched over the chrome railing. I saw Max and Alex in each others faces, my dad in the middle of them, Cameron blabbing on the phone, and Zoe whacking Demon's snout to get her chewed Jimmy Choo's out of his mouth. "I hate this bloody house and I hate this bloody family. Why can't you just leave me alone? Why do you have to ruin my life?"

"Lacey, baby," My dad began to say but was cut off by Max.

"I don't want him anywhere near you, Lacey!" He growled coming up the stairs.

I ran back to my bedroom and locked my door in the nick of time.

"Let me in Lacey. I'm not finished with you." Max rasped on the door. "Let me IN!"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I screeched. I turned my music on and turned the sound up until it drowned out the angry voices.

When the threats ceased, I turned the music down and started scribbling in my diary. After that, I had a long shower. The needles thudded off my body, leaving a tingling sensation. I tilted my head back and began washing the strawberry scented shampoo out of my hair. I gave a light chuckle as memories of strawberries came flooding back to me. I ran the conditioner through my hair as I thought about Karn. About his lips. About his touch. About his smile...

After my shower, I dried and straightened my hair, changed into my denim hot pants, my red top with white polka dots on, white ballet pumps, and my plastic strawberry on a silver chain linked necklace, with matching belly bar; I had an apple and cherry necklace too, that Char bought me for Christmas, Winter bought me the matching belly bars. I always wore one of the necklaces with the matching belly bar because they were my favourite pieces of jewellery.