Chapter 11- Confessions

Mariah

"Why are you so jumpy Brazil?" I ask as we head towards Scarlett's office, the kid looking a bit nervous as we climb the stairs.

"I'm not Ms. Donavan." He denies, and I shake my head at his use of my last name.

"Yes you are kiddo, and I've told you to call me Mariah. It makes me feel old when you call me Ms., and I'm only two years older than you." I remind him, and he smiles sheepishly in response.

"Right...I just feel on edge for some reason, my wolf is getting antsy." He murmurs, his eyes darting side to side.

"Does being summoned by the Alpha remind you of being called up to the principals office?" I chuckle, and his eyes narrow.

"Kind of, but I don't think that's it...it feels more like excitement than dread..."

I don't answer for a moment, trying to find a logical explanation for it...only to realize the obvious...

"Is this the same excitement you feel whenever you see Phoebe?" I ask with a knowing smirk on my face, and his cheeks tinge red with embarrassment.

"What are you-?"

"Trust me kid, I'm not the only one who's noticed the bashful looks you two share, your crush on her is the furthest thing from a secret." I chuckle as I cut off his attempt at playing dumb, and his cheeks get even redder.

"Even Romain?" He mumbles, and I laugh.

"Especially Romain. He was one of the first to know, the first being Scarlett of course...you know nothing gets past her."

He stays silent for a moment, mulling over that fact.

"Well...it is like seeing her...but even stronger. I'm not sure what that mean-"

His words cut off as we hit the top of the steps, a soft growl rumbling in his chest as he raises his head up and inhales deeply.

"Kid?"

"Mate." He rumbles, an excited gleam in his eyes, and I grin.

"Go on." I say, barely getting the words out before he chases down the scent trail, muttering something about smelling daffodils. As he searches the floor thoroughly, the door of the office opens, and the smell of Junipers eucalyptus and paprika scent hits my nose...eliciting both excitement and resignation from me and my wolf.

"I congratulate you on turning sixteen Phoebe. For now that you've gone through your first shift, you can officially become this packs Seer in title." Scarlett praises the young she wolf as the trio exits her office, and a smile tugs at my mouth as the final piece clicks into place.

"Thank you Alpha Scarlett, I look forward to-" She starts, only to pause and lift her head the same way Brazil did a few moments ago.

"Mate..." She purrs, her blue eyes widening in elation, both Scarlett and Juniper sharing a look of surprise at the same time Brazil in appears in the doorway across the hall, and you can almost imagine his tail wagging happily as he gives Phoebe a gigantic smile before appearing in front of her.

"Mate." They say together, Phoebe stretching up on her toes so her nose can touch his, their hands cupping each other's faces as they stare at each other with adoration.