Chapter 7

The vision tonight was different. How much was a dream and what was curse was difficult to tell. This time she didn't shy away from it. Driven by a need to understand she allowed, no, she leaped into the mind-mirage. It immersed and surrounded her, drowning out all other senses.

Loud trance music reverberated off the walls of a darkened nightclub. A sea of bodies writhed and twisted to the pounding sounds. Each beat carried them forward on a wave of abandonment. Couples locked in an embrace ground against each other, small circles of men or women sway like charmed snakes and the occasional lone dancer moved to their own beat.

A blonde woman in black leather pants, a tank top, and push up bra is standing to the side of the dance floor talking to Hond. Her make up was impeccable, and some men dancing nearby keep glancing towards her. I frown. Why, of all people, is she talking to Hond.

"What do you desire to know, my friend?" Hond asked with a sly smile.

"Is he seeing anyone?" she asked. "Does Dusk have a girlfriend?"

A tension built in and around her mouth and Shilpy realized she was grinding her teeth. She tried to ignore the burning sensation in her stomach as a turmoil of emotions raged against this slut in black.

Hond smiled to himself, and a calculated look glided over his face. Even from here she could see one wicked thought after another chase each other through his head. Each delighting him more than the last.

"Yes, he is seeing someone," Hond answered. "I wouldn't call it serious. In fact, they've been having some trouble."

What the hell was this? Had Dusk told that backstabbing son of a bitch about their fight?

"He planned to move to Melbourne, but she won't follow him. In fact, he told me he was more interested in someone else."

Shilpy was ninety percent sure he was lying, but it didn't stop something inside her dying at his words. Could Dusk be interested in someone else? It's impossible. Wasn't it?

The blonde slut leaned forward with interest and inadvertently provided Hond a better view of her cleavage.

"Really who?"

Hond laughed a playful mocking sound. "Don't tell me you haven't seen the way he stares at you."

"Me?" To her credit, the blonde appeared shocked, but she quickly recovered. A small smile built on her lips. "I hadn't, no."

Her head turned toward a small booth in the corner of the club. Dusk is deep in conversation with the men from the boxing gym. She pursed her lips and excused herself from Hond.

She quickly checked her appearance in a hand mirror. With languid and sensual movements she glided across the dancefloor towards the booth. Shilpy wanted to elbow her from behind and send her sprawling in those stupid high heel shoes into the dancers.

Shilpy stepped forward, but a moment later everything shifted and she was sitting across from Dusk and the woman. The men had disappeared, but it was the same nightclub. Whether it was the same night, she couldn't tell.

The smug bitch was seated a little bit too close to Shilpy's boyfriend. Two green cocktails in martini glasses rested half drunk on the table between them. The blonde woman uttered a soft musical laugh to something Dusk must have just said. The tramp had her chest thrust out and was playing idly with a medallion, which rested just above her cleavage. Her body undulates slowly with unabashed sexuality.

Dusk smiled a patient knowing smile, which she took as an invitation. Blondie rubbed herself up against him and leaned forward. Her hand advanced to his leg. He placed his hand on the back of hers, which was moving up his thigh. Then he returned it to her lap. Dusk's eyes turn hard.