Chapter One

1979-

I knew that he had imprinted on my by the way he looked. His eyes were glassed over in place. His lips were dry and his expression worried. Being imprinted on by someone in the death eater army was dangerous. Especially the leader, if anyone found out both of their lives would be in danger, there were absolutely no relationships allowed inside the army unless it was a set marriage.

Some of the men, however, believed that rape was acceptable to newcomers as an initiation. Luckily I was never a newcomer. Tom Riddle and I were best friends at Hogwarts since 3rd year and I helped him and encouraged him to start the army which was always his dream.

 Tom Riddle and I were best friends at Hogwarts since 3rd year and I helped him and encouraged him to start the army which was always his dream

We are still best friends, only one year after graduating, but lately, he has been worked off his feet and too busy to talk to me, but I felt like that was about to change

This could ruin us both and I could see he knew it.

First, he had to get the crowd out. It was the middle of a bloody meeting and we were imprinting on each other, we needed them out.

"And.. ah. As for that, we shouldn't worry, I'll bring it up tomorrow..." He said with a wavering tone.

The death eaters looked around at each other, confused by The Dark Lord not being sure of what he was saying. His confidence was something of a permanent fixture.

"My lord, we still have an hour left" One of the guards inquired softly.

I was struggling to hold on and I could tell that it was worse for him. I saw his whole body tense while walking towards the guard. His knuckles turned white around his wand. I could already see what was going to happen.

Everyone started running for the doors when the killing curse blasted from Tom's lips, the lips I craved so badly. The brave guard crumpled to the floor like a paper cup under a boot.

As the people all bleed out of the room I slipped behind the dark and heavy curtain. Once I could only hear one set of footsteps, pacing back and forth I peered out.

"Bella!" Tom yelled desperately, hysteria creeping into his voice.

I pushed the curtain away and Tom's eyes flicked over to me automatically. I ran over to him and he grabbed me in his arms and our yearning was silenced. While the fire of being apart was out, there was something else I was feeling as his skin touched mine. When he sighed in relief his breath caused goose bumps to arise all over my body.

 When he sighed in relief his breath caused goose bumps to arise all over my body

"Bella... I...I am so sorry" He said squeezing me closer to him.

"It's not your fault" I replied while taking in his scent that had never meant so much to me.

"It started last night, I was out drinking with some if the boys....and suddenly I couldn't get you out of my head, and I have to admit Bella, I didn't do much to try and stop it from happening. It was great... but now this. I feel so conflicted right now, I haven't had my hands on a woman in years, god knows I've never felt this way before, well maybe a bit in school but I always denied myself. Shit Bella, I've put you in such an impossible position" He blurted out.

I stood in shock for a moment, I've never heard Tom say so much to me, he is a very quiet person.

He looked surprised as well.

"Does this imprinting stuff mean I can't keep a single thing to myself?" He gasped. A chuckle emerged from my mouth and suddenly we were both laughing, what else could we do? Obviously, he hadn't meant to reveal that much.

There were so many emotions running through us both that it was making us giddy.

"It will be okay My Lord, we will work it out" I said as calmly as I could.

Tom slumped down on a nearby chair. A pang of concern ran through me.

"I think you should go up and get some rest" I said worriedly.

Tom ran his hands through his thick black hair. "I have work to do" he sighed.

He took another deep breath and got to his feet.

"I'll go make you some tea and I'll bring it into your office" I smiled softly, I hurried off to the kitchen. I needed time to process all this but at the same time I had to force myself to leave his presence.

When I got into the kitchen I gave all the house elves a day off and started preparing the tea.

Tom had just admitted to me that he had felt this way about me before all this.... in school, or maybe it wasn't me he felt it for? Was I just being cocky? I would have thought it was me since I was the only person he ever spoke to, the only person he trusted...I thought. I wanted to know more because this fascinated me.

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard the door slam open and Tom stormed in.

He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me against his chest and kissed me passionately with what seemed like all the lust in the world.

Imprinting in wizards is more powerful than any other living creature, it causes the two people involved to become like magnets. They would do anything to protect their partner even if it means killing. All of this was made 100 times more powerful... as he kissed me.

 as he kissed me