Chapter Three

Three weeks later....

Tom's p.o.v

The days and nights were getting worse. The potion needed two more days to cool and I didn't know if I could last another 48 hours.

We had agreed to stay apart for the past two weeks because when we were together things got too heated and we were almost caught the last time. Needless to say it's been killing me. I had been on raids and mass murders but even that couldn't distract me from wanting her.

Right now I'm sitting looking at the fire in the living room, it's late so everyone has gone to bed. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I nearly didn't hear the door knock.

I scoffed, I hated being interrupted, if only it was Bella...

The door opened slowly and with strain, the guest still didn't speak.

"Wyatt... Is that you?" I called out. But then I heard it.

"Tom" A small voice tried to yell from the doorway. I could tell it had taken all of her energy to raise her voice. I jumped up and ran to the door and saw Bella's beautiful face, twisted in pain and streaked with dark tears

She was beginning to panic and struggle to breathe. I grabbed her waist hurriedly but with caution. That's when I saw the blood. It was running down her neck under her black shirt. I pulled her carefully out of the door way and laid her down on the softest couch.

"Bella what happened?!" I asked looking at the wound anxiously, if I wasn't careful I was going to start panicking. I have never been this concerned about another person, if concerned at all.

"I got shot on a raid, Severus came to my house and said they needed me. I don't know where they all are, they escaped and left me" She blurted out before a whimper of pain.

"They left you! F***! I'm going to kill him, Bella! Please stay with me okay, I'm going to fix this" I assured her while trying to control my emotions, I was so angry, so worried and so scared, scared of losing her.

"What spell did they use?!" I gasped getting my wand out to heal her.

"It was a gun, Tom" She whispered.

I went cold. I couldn't just summon the bullet out.

I examined the wound and noticed that the bullet seemed to have gone out the other end, for that I was thankful, I quickly stopped the bleeding and numbed her body. She went limp but she was still awake. It was important that she stayed awake.

I cleaned the wound and she screamed because of all the blood that was now covering my clothes.

"Bella, just breathe. Just breathe" I kept saying desperately. I saw her eyes flickering shut and I knew that if she lost consciousness she may slip into a coma. I summoned our healer Mrs Devail

It took quite a while because it was the middle of the night but she appeared with a few of her elves who lifted Bella onto a stretcher and took her upstairs to the small healing room

It took quite a while because it was the middle of the night but she appeared with a few of her elves who lifted Bella onto a stretcher and took her upstairs to the small healing room. Mrs Devail did more charms and mixed up a potion that would calm her. Half an hour later she turned to me.

"Master, she will be alright, you saved her life. If it wasn't for your actions before I arrived she would have died. Keep her laying down and calm over the next few days, who will be assigned to her?" The healer asked.

"I will" I nodded.

She seemed unsure but didn't dare argue. She left me alone with Bella finally. She was asleep, but as I rushed round the room trying to make it comfortable for her I was still panicked. I couldn't get her tear soaked face out of my head. The pain she was in had nearly killed me.

I made up a small, uncomfortable bed on the floor so I was able to be with her. I needed to know she was okay. I laid awake for most of the night and when I did drift off I woke up with a burning sensation on my right arm. I opened my eyes and saw that Bella's arm had rolled off the cot and was hanging loosely over the edge, touching my arm. I smiled to myself.

I took her warm hand and squeezed it gently and stroked it until I fell asleep again....

*****

"Tom!" Bella yelled. I looked up from the book I was reading while leaning against a shady tree and saw the beauty running towards me, her long dress flowing behind her. Her beautiful hair was being kissed by the sunshine. A wide smile grew across my face and I got up and picked her up and twirled her around me. She leaned down and kissed me and my heart burst with warmth. Her lips were so soft and I would never get sick of looking into her big brown eyes.

Suddenly the sky turned grey and hundreds of dementors circled above us. I ordered them away but soon realised they were not under my control.

The next thing I knew Bella was gone from my arms and everything went cold. I called out her name for what felt like hours, I searched for her high and low but she was nowhere to be seen.

I shot a dark mark up into the sky to summon my army to help look for her but the dark mark didn't appear, instead an image of Bella appeared. For a second I was relieved to see her but then I saw that she was in another's arms. They were laughing and smiling. She looked so happy, yet she was not mine. I screamed out her name once more but this time she answered....

"Tom!"...... My eyes fluttered open and I was shocked by what I saw.