Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I came back to school the Monday after the incident of my fainting. Everything kind of returned back to normal for me. No one really asked me what happened, and I was very appreciative about it.

"So have you actually figured out when you're going to tell Collin you're with child." Sydney came up to me saying.

I looked around, "Will you keep your voice down, Jesus Christ!" Thankfully no one heard her but if they did, it would spread like wildfire. I don't want anyone to know before my family. I really don't even want to know. I pulled her aside in the space between the locker and the hallway, away from ears. "I'm not going to tell him, don't you remember the conversation we had in the hospital?"

"I still think you should tell him, Tessa. It really isn't fair to him that you're keeping this secret. What if he wants a child, maybe not right now, but you never know, unless you tell him."

I looked at her and rolled my eyes, "I didn't even remember I was..." I looked around, "pregnant, until you mentioned it. I don't want to think about it. If you bring it up one more time, so help me God." We continued to walk down the hall, to physical ed, and I looked down to my feet before stopping abruptly, "I wish this was you in this situation. This is a Sydney situation not a Tessa situation." I mentioned.

"Well maybe you should've thought about that before sleeping with a stranger. And If I was in this situation I wouldn't be very long. I'm not afraid to abort a baby if it's not the right time. I'm not able to get pregnant so I won't ever be in your situation." She chuckled lightly

We head into the gym and change our clothes into our gymnasium attire. Everyone wearing something different. Today was my least favorite activity in gym class ever. Floor hockey. Who plays this in high school? Every year me and Charlotte get pitted against one another and her team has always won. I never care about this game and neither do I try my hardest. It's literally just gym class. If I didn't have to, I wouldn't.

We all grabbed the hockey sticks from the bucket, and we all line up on the black line, 1..2...1....2 was what our coach did to decide the team, and Ironically enough, just like I assumed, me and Charlotte are pinned against one another.

"Don't go to rough, Tessa." Sydney said as she got behind me, "You know how Charlotte doesn't play by the rules and you don't want to get hurt."

I looked at Sydney, and smiled. "I really don't care." And continued on with the game. I really just stand in the corner and let everyone else do the work. I can't be bothered with this game. For some reason this time felt different to me. I was definitely more involved than I have before and I think Charlotte felt intimidated.

The first time she nudged me trying to get the puck in the goal. The second time she tried to trip me. I was getting sick of her bullying. The guys who were incredibly into this game kept getting the scores, at this point it was just me and Charlotte fighting.

She pisses me off.

My lungs were tight from running back and forth with no breaks. I was running out of breath. Charlotte is like an all class athlete and in cheer so she's probably doing just fine. I wish I could let this go and just chill in the back or get a doctors note so I don't have to do things like this, but then I'm disqualified from the Game in Montana.

"Tessa watch out!" I heard Sydney yell. In too late of time, Charlotte's hockey stick landed straight onto my stomach. Literally knocking the wind out of me, and I slowly fell to my knees.

"You're f!cking psychotic, Charlotte!" Sydney yelled rushing over to me.

"Chill out, it's just a little air knocked out of her."