Chapter 9

The smell of bacon and eggs breaks into our hotel room. I want to vomit. Nope, in fact, I am going to vomit. I open my eyes from a deep sleep and rush into the bathroom. I dry heave or at least 5 minutes, Collin came into the bathroom and held my hair up. This is so not what I wanted the morning after another romantic evening to be.

This morning is our last here in Montana. I've enjoyed it very much with him and how peaceful it's been. I haven't had to worry about my parents, Nik got all my stuff out of my mom's place, and put some things into storage and the rest in his apartment. I haven't lived with my brother in a long time, but not having to deal with my mom seems like a good break.

Collin walked me back to the bed, and handed me some water. "I want some fruit." I looked at him with a smile.

"I'll get you some." He kissed my forehead and put on his shirt, sorting through my clothes looking for the room key. "Strawberries more specifically please."

He laughed and went on his way downstairs to the gift shop. They have really good strawberries here. They're incredibly sweet and tangy like a perfect strawberry should taste like.

I really don't want to leave here. I like Montana. The way they're so festive with their school, and even their stores are so spaced out and culture like. Plus the mountains and environment is beautiful, much more then the Colorado ones ever could ever be.

I turned on my phone and noticed a message from Nikolas.

Nik- Mom is gonna go after legal actions against Collin if you don't return home. She's going crazy, T.

I rolled my eyes, grunting in annoyance. First she wants me to leave home, and now she wants me back. She's like a toxic ex-boyfriend in those movies that just will not go away, and if they want you, they'll do anything in their power to hurt you.

I heard Collin come back into the apartment, strawberries in hand, "I have to go home, Collin." I said, "I think my mom is going to try and get you arrested for getting me pregnant."

He stood silent for a moment. "Is she really?" He asked.

"My brother texted me, saying if I didn't come home she was going to. I can only assume she will. I've never known he to break a promise."

"You should go then." He mentioned. "I'm gonna stay here for awhile. Please check in with me."

I came here on the bus so I had to buy a ticket back home. Much cheaper than renting a car and having to return it to them not much later. I just don't like flying that much, anything can happen in an airplane thet would be much more scarier than driving a car. Security scares me just as much. At least they do their job efficiently.

It was a short flight to Colorado. The whole time I was thinking about what my mother is going to do to me. What she could possibly want me home out of nowhere. I was happy with Collin, at peace, never tense and felt safe with him. I didn't remember or need to take my medication but I've had several just on the flight. My mother gets me all kinds of worried. Worked up. Stressed out. It doesn't matter what it's called or what I'm dealing with I now know my mom is the problem, and probably always has been.

I waited at the loading zone for my brother, the airport not far from home. I'm hoping he clues me into what's going on. I know he doesn't live with them but I know mom talks to him about everything, Jason and Nikolas were always her favorite. Things I got in trouble for they never did. Except for Jasons illegitimate kids with V. Mom called her a whore for days. Forcing my brother to stay home and not see his kids was brutal for him.

But now that I am the woman carrying the child she can't separate it from me and my womb, she can't banish me from seeing my child while it's inside of me.