Chapter 11

Collin P.O.V
We left early to get a head start to Helena. Tessa slept like a rock last night while I was up trying to think how I was going to explain to my father the predicament I was in. I haven't spoke to him in awhile. I just recently started having full conversations with him. Especially that day Tessa and I spent in Montana after her game. The same game her parents found out she was pregnant.

I went to speak to my dad, asking him if me and my girlfriend could move into the guest house he had built. We chatted for a while but somehow, his grandchild and the age of Tessa never came up. He never asked why. I just know he was excited that I was getting out of the grasp of my mother. He really doesn't like her.

"It's a long driveway." Tessa said as we pulled in closer to my dad's property.

"It's 20 acres." I laughed, "it's not your typical suburban home."

It's odd to me how young Tessa is. She still has so much more maturity to achieve. I wouldn't pick anyone else to b carrying my child, our child. I just hate the judgement people will bring on us.

But I really do love her. No one will ever know that, they won't be able to see past our age.

As we got closer to my father's property, she could see our new home. I think she was surprised by all the animals in the pasture, and the size of our home.

"This is where we're going to live?" She smiled at me. "I've never seen cows or horses before."

Her blue eyes were shining so bright the sun hitting her face. She's so beautiful. It's gonna be hard watching her go through pregnancy and I can't help but feel angry I put her in this situation.

"It's a lot of work. I've spent every summer here until I went to college. My dad is the one who keeps the property and farm in order."

She rolled down the window and looked at the cows and horses as we drove by, "the fresh air is amazing." She said, "it's much cleaner than Colorado."

It didn't take much longer before we reached my father's property. The U-Haul was parked and Tessa was excited to finally get out of it. She doesn't sit still for long. It's a little annoying.

My father sat on his porch waiting for us. I walked to the other side of the truck and opened her door, letting her out. This time, she took my hand. I could tell my dad was staring at us. I just couldn't tell what he was thinking.

Maybe he was curious about the sudden change in my opinion on moving in with him, to his property.

We walked up the steps to the porch, my father got out of his chair and walked towards us. I could feel Tessa getting tense. I don't blame her. He's a very intimidating man. Some could say he's cruel. But I aspire to be him. He's stubborn. No one takes advantage of him. He's a great guy, just not a good dad.

"Dad this is Tessa. My girlfriend." I said. He smiled at her reaching his hand out to her and she shook his hand. "Tessa this is my dad, Jack."

"It's great to meet you." She said.

"Likewise."

I am not good at conversation, I think Tessa and I learned this lesson when we had sex. We were both drunk and look where it got us.

"Would you mind if I looked around your pasture? Let you guys talk?" She smiled.

"Of course." He said. I tapped Tessa on the butt as she walked out to the pen. She's so cute.

My dad opened the door and I walked into his house, he followed after me. His cane clunked the ground as he walked to the kitchen table where two glasses of bourbon waited for us to drink.