XVI.

"Rosie, you realize you kissed him on the cheek, right? Did you kiss him anywhere else that is making you blush like a schoolgirl?" Maria asked bluntly and I covered my face with a pillow

"Rosie, you realize you kissed him on the cheek, right? Did you kiss him anywhere else that is making you blush like a schoolgirl?" Maria asked bluntly and I covered my face with a pillow. We were lying on my new bed in my temporary room. Maria said they would get my new room set up, but for now I would be staying here.

At first, I put up a fight, I really did. These people were being too generous, but I didn't want them to dictate my decisions.

And I didn't know if I trusted the reasons why I would be needed as Maria's "assistant". Maria was someone who wanted to do things on her own, striving for independence. I thought she would balk at having someone do things for her.

I am a grown woman who's been to hell and back. I've made it this far and heck if I was going to just agree to this.

Just when I opened my mouth to tell Maria I was declining her offer, she looked at me with a beaming smile, her expression full of joy. My confidence crumbled instantly and I internally smacked myself.

She seemed really excited and I couldn't let her down if she wanted me around.

But I could also get her in danger if the Men in Black came. While she lived in a place armed like Fort Knox, I didn't want to cause any danger or stress to her or the baby. A small voice in my head reminded me who Maria was married to and that a CEO with one of the best security organizations in the world wasn't going to let anything happen to her.

I vaguely remember starting to reject when she opened the door to a beautiful bedroom.

Now here we were, on my bed as Maria pried details from my moment with Damon. And here I was, still a coward for not expressing my feelings. My shoulders slumped in defeat as I spilled my guts out. Xavier and Damon had been gone for over an hour and I've been trapped with Maria's prodding.

I knew she meant well, but her questions were only making me more flustered. I was a bit concerned that I would accidentally set myself on fire from how hot my cheeks were burning.

The only peace I had was when the doctor came to check up on Maria. The doctor told her to relax and said he would be back for an ultrasound with the baby.

"I've never really...touched anyone intimately before. I guess the stimulation overwhelmed me..." I said lamely as Maria rolled her eyes playfully.

"It's called chemistry, Rosie. Hot, passionate, sexy, mind-blowing passion! It just means that once you have sex, the–"

"Lalalalala!" I chanted as I covered my poor ears.

Maria giggled and uncovered my ears, winking. "You're too cute for your own good, Rosie."

A knock on the door interrupted whatever else she was going to say.

"Come in!" Maria called and the door opened to reveal two men.