Chapter XI

I woke up in the sunshine, which got into my bedroom, put on a robe, went down the stairs

I woke up in the sunshine, which got into my bedroom, put on a robe, went down the stairs. I went into the kitchen, and Connor got up, and Zuri sat in the chair, eating pancakes with maple syrup. 

- Hey -

- Audre, I apologize for getting there earlier, but in an hour I have a change in the hospital -

 - Connor, nothing happened, and you have the keys to this house -

 - Zuri, how you spent time with dad - 

- Good -

 - Princess only good - Connor went to Zuri and he took her hands, he began to gossip her, and she began to laugh at her father's antics.

 - Mum , save me - I joined in the fun, I helped save Zuri from Connor. I sat on a chair, and my daughter sat down on my side, and Connor went back to frying pancakes. The rest of the family members also went downstairs. Kate's first thing she did was go to the coffee machine for black coffee, Aaron sat down next to Zuri and stole her breakfast. 

- Uncle is my breakfast - 

- Uncle is hungry - 

- Aaron, do not take the breakfast for the child - 

- Pancakes are enough for everyone - 

After a few minutes Connor stopped frying pancakes, sat down with us to eat breakfast. Zuri had a smile on her face all the time. Coonor said goodbye to everyone, Zuri ran to him, hugged him strong. 

- Connor, you can take me to the district -

 - Sure -

 - You can wait, I'll just change -

 The door bell interrupted us. Connor opened the door on the threshold of Penny's guardian, Zuri. I greeted her, went to the counter, where the day before I put a week's pay for her. I paid her for last week for the care  on Zuri. 

- Thank you Miss Donovan - 

I ran upstairs just to change, after 10 minutes I went down dressed in jeans, a gray T-shirt and sneakers.

 - Mum loves you, be polite in kindergarten - I said goodbye to my daughter. 

I left the apartment, I got into Connor's car, I wanted to talk to him about the birthday party of our daughter. After 20 minutes Connor drove up to the district in  gave away I saw Pete walk down the sidewalk, as he approached, I got out of the car and said goodbye to Connor. Peter looked at me with an expression that I did not know. Connor drove away, and Aaron parked in his place, who together with Kate got out of his car. Our three entered the district 21, greeted our sergeant, she did not even speak to us, she only looked us. I headed towards the locker room, changed into a uniform. I waited for Kate and Ingrid, we went in the binding. Sergeant Pratt discussed this day and gave us the keys to the squad car.

 - The case led by the officers Bass and Donovan was handed over to the drug department -

 - But it's our business -

 - Officer Bass, do not argue with me -

 - Officer Donovan, please stay and the rest on patrol - 

Each of the policemen who left the check-in room just looked at me, giving me compassionate eyes. I waited until everyone left and I approached Trudy

 - How I work with Officer Bass -

 - Well, I can learn a lot from him -

 - How's Wilcox ? -

 - What's to be with him -

 - Audrie do not pretend, we both know what was between you - 

I looked at her, I just wondered why she suddenly wanted to talk to me about Peter 

- You love him ? - 

- Trudy, what is the question -

 - The way I saw you leaving Connor's car as soon as Wilcox approached -

 - So I change my hearing - 

- I was with him yesterday -

 - And -

 - I wanted to talk to him -

 - Audrey - 

- He kissed me. Okey - 

- He loves you, your trip broke him - 

- I did not want to leave him - Trudy looked at me because we know what really happened between me and Wilcox. Aunt Trudy, Uncle Al and Uncle Hank did everything to make my name not appear in the case files of Sofia Wilcox, that I was his alibi for the night his wife killed herself. That night we were in one of the Chicago hotels where we had sex. I remember how at midnight Erin entered our hotel room with her patrolling partner, and after a few minutes, my uncles appeared. They both made sure that Lindsay and Nelson's officers' notes did not fall on me.  

to be continue