Toxic Love

Time for some Chad/Emily romance!

Chapter 40: Toxic Love

Battleship Halberd; approaching Avalar's atmosphere

The Halberd and Blue Typhoon were currently approaching the colorful fairytale world of Planet Avalar. As they approached the atmosphere, Rachel sat on her knees, head rested on her hands as she sighed and stared out a window in thought. The Master Sword was leaning against the wall beside her as Fi jumped out. "Something is troubling you, Master?"

She sighed. "Yes, Fi. I've been thinking... about this whole thing. I mean, the Grandfather thing was intense enough... but we've dealt with alien invasions, Underworld demons, zombie fish pirates, mad scientists that try to saw the world in half with gold, and Fanny grew into a giant several weeks ago... and I mean, look at us! We're just kids!" she yelled, throwing her arms out. "And we have to deal with all this stuff! Heck, we had to deal with an actual teen murderer a few months ago. Who's the whack job who decided we'd do all this? I'd like to just go back to... I dunno, fighting Ice Cream Men, and trying to steal birthday cake..."

"Hmm... it is true, such destinies and battles may be far too great to place on the shoulders of children... even Link had to wait until he was older to wield the Master Sword... but I always believed that children were chosen for such matters because of their spirits. Children's spirits are joyous and carefree... perfect traits for fighting the Dark Side. I calculate it is why the Firstborn's Guardians are children. But you mustn't despair, Master." Fi smiled. "Simply keep your spirits high, and stay courageous. For when this is over, you all can return to the peaceful life you originally had."

Rachel looked up and smiled at the spirit. "You know, you may have been made as just a servant, Fi... but you can be really inspiring."

"I am honored to be of assistance, Master..." Fi nodded.

Dimentia, at this time, stood by a window at another part of the ship. The former leader looked to the starry sky. The bright star that had emerged in the spot after Zathura's fall continued to shine, its light still reaching to many vast planets.

Valley of Avalar

A ghost portal opened behind a small waterfall as the eight people, previously in the Ghost Zone, came flying out, landing in a shallow river as the portal vanished. "Ow." Emily groaned slightly, rubbing her head as they all looked back up. (Play "Valley of Avalar 1" from Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon!) Their eyes were completely widened, fixated on the marvelous sight that was the Valley of Avalar. The morning sun shone brightly on the fields of lush green grass, reflecting light off the silver river of pure water they had currently fallen in. The mountains surrounding the valley towered in the distance over the few clouds that covered the land.

"This place is... beautiful..." Chad said quietly in awe.

"Good Lord... and to think, all we had was our cul-de-sac..." Double D said as they walked out of the river onto the land.

"When you say you're going to another planet, I can normally picture, like, futuristic buildings and green things with antennas... but man." Eddy replied, feeling just as amazed.

"It's like a great, big gravy tub blessed this land with its succulent ooze..." Ed said, gazing with wonder.

"...Er..." Emily bent down from slight pain in her legs. "Boy, crashing on that asteroid was a little too much..." The Halfa pulled off her shoes and socks, dipping her feet in the refreshing water. "Ahh... boy, my feet hurt."

"Um, let me help." Chad offered, sitting down beside her and lifting her feet onto his lap, proceeding to rub them.

"And... now they don't hurt so much." Emily smiled and sighed in relief.