Stolen Time

Hey, everybody! Time for the end of Jagar's story! What's the result of Lucinda's deal? Let's find out!

Chapter 64: Stolen Time

Jagar groggily woke up after his magical ordeal, finding himself lying in a bed of some dark, yet strangely familiar bedroom. He rapidly shot his head up and asked, "Where am I?" as he looked around.

"Hey, Jagar! You're awake!"

"Ahh!" Jagar screamed slightly when somebody barged in his room. It was a scrawny boy in a blue T-shirt, tan-colored khakis, black shoes, and smooth white hair. "...Yuki?"

"Hey, the guys are all going to the Hunger Burger. Let's go with 'em! Come on, Numbuh 1:00!"

"Numbuh One-O..." Jagar confusedly threw off his blanket and ran out of bed, pulling his window curtain open to look outside. His mouth dropped at the vast fields of his homeland of Iceland, the mountains towering past the clouds in the distance, and seeing he was back in his old room at Sector IC. "I... it worked. The spell worked."

"What worked?" Yuki asked.

Jagar jumped over in front of him and started shaking Yuki by the shirt collar. "Yuki! Do you remember anything? ? Ice powers, timebending, magical elves... anything?"

"Uhhh..."

Jagar could plainly see Yuki's confusion, and his mouth immediately grew into a wide grin. "I DID IT, Yuki! I CHANGED the PAST! WOOHOO!" The excited boy started aimlessly jumping around the room. Yuki only stood confusedly, twirling his finger by his head, gesturing that Jagar had gone crazy. "I'm not dead! And YOU don't have ice powers! Annnd... our sector likes us, right?"

"Erm, last I checked, yeah. They're sort of waiting for us."

"And you aren't mad at me... right?"

Yuki chuckled, "Why would I be mad at you? You are my best friend."

"OH YEEEAH! !" Jagar started playing an invisible air-guitar.

"Um, are you okay, Jagar? You musta had a pretty bad dream."

"Oh, I'm BETTER than okay! I'm ALIVE, Yuki!" he yelled happily, jumping beside his friend again. "And best of all, so are you!" With that, he embraced Yuki in a hug. "Boy, wait until I tell Misty and Oli-" He stopped himself and released Yuki, remembering what he did. "Oh... yeah."

"Misty and who?"

"Um, nothing. They're nobody."

"Uh...huh. Anyway, come on, Buddy! I'm gettin' hungry! Maybe a nice cheeseburger's what you need to get the CRAZY outta your system." He playfully nudged Jagar's arm.

"Heh, sure thing, Dude. Just let me get dressed." Yuki did so and left Jagar alone, leaving the timebender to slip on his socks and shoes. Jagar looked to his nightstand and studied the picture of him, Yuki, and the rest of his sector. Smiling at the happy memories they used to share, he quickly threw on the rest of his regular clothes and hurried after Yuki, eager to relive those happy memories.

And for the next several hours, that's just what they did. Jagar and Yuki did everything they could to make up for lost time; as far as Jagar knew, from having lunch at the Hunger Burger, going on a mission to kick Ice Cream Man butt, ringing doorbells of adults' houses and running away, and so on. And Yuki seemed to be a much funner person to hang out with, likely due to the spell Lucinda cast to make him a better person. Jagar had to admit he did kind of like this new Yuki, and because of this change, lots of other people did, too... but deep down, Jagar didn't feel right about what he did. Changing peoples' personalities like that is really what got Lucinda so much hate in the first place. And Jagar was even beginning to feel remorse for Misty and Olive, having left them to create this alternate timeline.