Part 6

Your legs were still shaking, slowly and hesitantly carrying you towards the small cafe you had agreed to meet with Dean's brother, Sam. You were just outside the door, your hand on the doorhandle and ready to push but your body would only so much obey you at the moment. The thought of just turning arround and leaving crossed your mind. He had not seen you, or even if he had, he didn't know who you were and you'd be able to run away. You'd be able to go back to the motel before Dean realized you'd even been gone and even more contacted his brother behind his back. You'd be able to just go back to your normal, if you could call it that, life without any trouble.

But then the other part of you remembered how there would never be any kind of normal when your Alpha was a demon and, as much as he promised you the safety and happiness you wanted, the risk of losing that in split second because he couldn't control the monster inside were very high. Not to mention how cold it left you to stare back into his eyes at moments and see a broken man try to break out but being held back by what he'd become. So maybe he was honest, maybe if you brought back the man he was there would be no chance of you being together – and oh that put the fear of gods in you – but you were willing to take even death for the sake of that man.

And so you took a deep breath and pushed the door open, entering the cafe. You looked around the small place, all kinds of scents catching your attention. As expected there were more than one Alphas around; not making it easy for you to know who was Sam. You looked around to see some of them already looking at you, making you shift uncomfortably but despite the lack of mark on your neck you didn't worry much this time, especially when you took notice of a scent that was familiar in some ways, similar to one you knew very well. Similar to Dean's and it was all because they were related.

Your eyebrows raised softly when you met his soft but tired eyes, he too was looking in your direction, and with a small awkward and shy smile you approached his table. You took a better look at him as he got up from his seat. He was tall, taller even than Dean, he had broad shoulders and one arm was tied, probably broken, he had hazel eyes and long brown hair but what stood out the most was the wary look in his eyes and the way he examined you; unlike any other Alpha before ever had and you guessed it all had to do with hunting.

"You must be Sam?" you asked softly and with pursed lips he gave you a short nod.

"You're (Y/n)?" he asked back and you gave him a nod as well, shaking his hand before you both took a seat.

"Uh I didn't know what you'd like so I just got you a coffee, black. I hope that's alright." he said carefully, eye watching you warily all the time, and you gave him a smile because you understood very well why he did all of it.

"It's just fine, thank you." you actually took a sip of it – tasting the bitterness that wasn't just because of the coffee – and noticing the way his shoulders relaxed when nothing happened "Let me guess..." you looked down at your mug "Holy water? That's what uh you use for demons, right?"

His eyebrows shot up, though, and he was again in a defensive mode although more relaxed than before "How do you know about- Are you-"

"A hunter?" you cut him off softly "No, no. But I guess I'm as involved as one could be without really hunting monsters."

"Or... you could be more involved in another way." he straightened his back, eyes cold as he stared back at you and you shifted nervously in your seat.

"It really is in you Winchesters to be the most alpha Alphas there are out there huh?" you said with a smile that died out very soon "You can do the tests if you want to, I already think I passed the most important one though."

"You're a demon, that's a comfort but... I can smell my brother all over you and that's not."

"You think this is some kind of trap?" you blinked and he shrugged with a clenched jaw.