Leon, To Capture A Heart: Story 1

I awake, with no specific reason. It's nearly noon and I sluggishly sit up, my hand swiping away the drool that nearly escaped from the corner of my mouth. With a long, well needed stretch of my limbs, I take a moment to prepare for the day.

With work in only a few hours, I assume to do what I would usually do either on my days off or at least before work. However, my mind seems to wander to Leon. Only wondering what he could be up to today. It's been a while since I last saw him, neither one of us attempting to contact or see each other. I've developed a longing to see him, but find myself awkward when I attempt to go to the mansion.

After getting dressed and eating a bowl of cereal, I sit on my couch flipping through the channels. However, I can't hear what's playing on the T.V, nor am I even focusing on what's playing.

Should I maybe go see him?

My head slowly turns to face my front door.

Then what?

I turn to look at the T.V once again.

"I wonder what you're doing right now, Leon...I would love to see you." Before I know it, the words slip out.

I feel my cheeks burn, and I slump deeper into the couch, wanting to hide away from the embarrassing thoughts I have brewing in my mind.

My anxieties continue to latch on to me, never wanting to let go. Knowing the only away to supress these fears and worries is to see him. But I know seeing him, hearing what will come of whatever 'relationship' I think we have will come into the light. That is what I fear the most.

I give my head a hard shake. Abruptly getting up and marching into my room. I hunker down at my desk, booting up my laptop, plugging in my headphones. With a spiral notebook and pen, I start doing what I love. Doing what helps distract me from reality, even a little bit. That is to write music, and sing.

My right hand, madly typing on the keyboard, and cursor swerving across the screen, combining different tracks. While my left-hand scribbles down words that make into lyrics for a song. A song that I can only pinpoint to be inspired by a certain god.

"I've come for you Abbey..." A sweet voice tickles my ear.

Without realizing it, I've fallen asleep. The room is dark, even with my eyes open, only hearing the sweet sound of the god I've fallen in love with.

"Wait...wh-what?" I tiredly mumble, rubbing my eyes.

I get up, trying to find the voice from where I heard it. My hands out in front of me as I maneuver my way around my room.

"Leon?" I quietly call out. Then I feel my hands rest against something warm and solid, and I know it's him.

I blame my tired state, and my overwhelmed heart as I nestle up to him, thinking it's nothing more than a dream perhaps.

"Let's go." He whispers in my ear, his arm wrapping around my waist.

"Go where?" I ask, looking up and my eyes adjusting to the darkness seeing his handsome face before my eyes.

He grins, wrapping his arms around me. "Isn't it obvious?"

"...no...no it's not." I sigh.

Then he smiles at me with an expression so kind, it makes my heart skip. "We're going to grant your true wish."

Not allowing me to say another word, Leon snaps his fingers. The next thing I know, we're above the clouds, and surrounded by the stars with the earth below our feet.

I cling to Leon who holds me securely. "I'm right here. What do you keep looking down for?" He asks gently.

My heart beats rapidly at the different, kind tone of voice. Not to mention the nervousness I'm feeling being with Leon again after sometime.

I try to avoid his gaze as my eyes constantly shift around us. "U-um...y-you know...I was planning to come see you at some point...b-but uh, I'm sure you've been busy and all, and I didn't want to bother you. Even if I did miss you and want to see you, since you've been all that I've been thinking about."

"Oh-ho?" Leon slyly grins.

I snap my head up. "U-uh, forget I said any of that!""

Oh god, what the hell is wrong with me? Why am I embarrassed, this is just a dream, right?!

He chuckles. "What's wrong? What happened to that nerve? The straightforwardness you had when we first met?"

"H-hey! It's just that—"

He laughs devilishly and peers into my eyes. His face closing in on me, feeling his hot breath against my face. As if testing me. "What?"

I gulp." Nothing...your just...really close."

His grip around me tightens. "Isn't this what you want though."

"T-this?" I shudder.

Is this what I want?!

Leon's hand caresses the side of my face, sweeping away strands of hair that was caught by the wind. Then places a soft kiss on my forehead. A sweet shiver runs up my skin, from the gentle sensation from his lips.

I shakily breathe, as my hands instinctively cling to him. "Leon..."

"We'll continue this later. Be a good girl and wait for me to come back." He tells me.

I look up at him, my eyes searching his face, before nodding. "Okay..."

Then his lips come to my ear. "And whatever you do, don't let anyone else see your tears."

"My tears?" I ask. "What?"

I gasp, my head snapping up in a state of panic. Looking around, the sunset casting it's orange glow through the windows, I find myself still sitting at my desk, laptop shut off and a well written song scribbled in my notebook.

I place my hand on my head. "That...was just a dream?" I ask myself recalling the strange, yet heart-warming dream.

Picking up my phone to take a look at the time, I nearly fall out of my seat, realizing that if I don't leave now I'll be late for work. Quickly gathering my things, I sprint out the door, feeling lighter on my feet and a hope in my heart.