Dui, A Heart For Two: Story 5

When we arrive in the heavens, brought to a gorgeous meadow I recall when I snuck into the heavens the first time. We don't even have to look for Dui, as we spot him in the distance.

"Lord Dui, take my flowers too!"

"No fair! Take my letter, Lord Dui."

Goddess after goddess crowd around Dui, desperate to get his attention.

Ichthys whistles in disbelief. "Woow, he really is popular."

I feel as if I've been kicked in the stomach as my shoulders slump. "Oh really? I hadn't noticed..." I grumble.

"You're wonderful Lord Dui!"

"Can I have your autograph, Lord Dui?"

However, through the crowd of goddesses I spot gods and child gods as well. That sight brings a small smile to my face.

"Kyaa! Lord Dui!"

"Over here, Lord Dui!"

The goddesses continue to squeal and call for Dui, without a care in the world who is around them. Nearly pushing the children and other gods out of the way to get to Dui.

Dui notices. "Whoa, don't push. There are little kids here, be careful." He kneels down and helps a child. "You okay?"

The child nods. "Yeah. Thank you, Lord Dui."

The goddesses swoon over Dui's kind action.

I sigh. "Yep. That's Dui for you."

Ichthys looks at me with surprise. "Wait, so you're not worried?" His surprise then suddenly turns into a playful chuckle. "Dui's more than just kind, he's kind and handsome in a way girls love. I mean..." Ichthys indicates to the crowd of goddesses. "Those girls are going crazy over him."

I cross my arms and put on a small smile as I continue to watch. "Well, yeah I don't like that, but he seems happy..."

It's then, that as I observe from the distance, Dui notices my eyes on him. His eyes go wide with surprise.

"Uh oh..." I gulp.

Ichthys eyebrows twitch. "Uh oh...Dui, don't call her name...don't—"

"Heyyy, Abbey!" Dui shouts as he waves at me. "What are you doing here?"

Ichthys and I both have a look a panic on our faces.

"Crap...now look." Ichthys mutters. "Those goddesses are pissed!"

"Greaaat...." I grit my teeth together as I force a smile.

Dui makes his way through the crowd and jogs up to us. The crowd of goddesses' glare and scowl when they look past Dui and spot me.

"Who is that girl?"

"What does she have to do with Lord Dui."

The goddesses snobbishly comment loud enough for me to hear as they continue to stare daggers into me.

Dui stands before us, looking a little perplexed. "...Wait a minute. Was it okay for you to bring Abbey here?"

Ichthys and I look at each other.

"Umm...uuhh...we're just here on a little errand." Ichthys quickly says, then nudges my arm. "Isn't that right, Abbey?"

I clutch my jaw as I glare at Ichthys. Damn it Ichthys, don't leave this up to me. This was your idea!