Huedhaut, Hold My Heart: Story 7

"Hue..." I softly breathe his name, then quickly shake my head and throw on a smile. "H-hi!"

Then, something I never seen before, Hue's expression suddenly darkens as he hesitates to respond right away. However, that dark expression soon vanishes and his usual calm smile appears. "You look like you're having a lot of fun."

I look at him oddly then shrug. "Hm...I guess. We actually just got here, we we're going to grab something to eat before dancing."

Hue nods. "I see. I was worried about how you were doing." His eyes briefly shoot to Zyglavis. "But it appears there was no need for me to be concerned."

Zyglavis furrows his eyebrows. "It's no use scowling at me. If you've got a problem, tell the king."

Hue flashes him a smile. "Disrespecting me? That doesn't sound like the behavior befitting the Minister of Punishments."

Then Zyglavis returns the cheeky grin. "I'm probably only acting that way because I'm spending the time being with a certain human girl somebody picked up somewhere."

"Oh boy..." I worriedly say as my eyes dart back and forth between the two gods.

"Are you trying to blame Abbe for your bad behavior?" Huedhaut asks daringly.

"And if I am?" Zyglavis challenges.

"How about you be upfront with me, Zyglavis?" Hue takes a step closer.

This time I step in-between the two gods. "H-hey now, let's just relax and enjoy the party? You know get some food and drinks, maybe dance? Like civilized people...er- gods?" I tell the two of them, then look at Hue. "Oh, Hue, are you—"

"Lord Huedhauuuuut!" A purposely loud, nasally voice fills the air.

"So, this is where you ran off to!" A goddess loops her arm around Hue's as she presses close to him. "You gave me a little fight, disappearing like that." She pouts.

"Oh, my apologies." Huedhaut politely bows his head to her.

I get a good look at the goddess. And just like all the others she could easily be a super model back on earth with her long legs, perfect curves, stunning facial features.

Zyglavis leans over to me and whispers in my ear. "That goddess is Huedhaut's date for the night."

I nod. "Yeah, I kind of figured that out..."

The goddess tugs at Hue's arm. "Let's be on our way. It's nearly time for the dancing to begin."

Hue doesn't respond to her, only follows with a indifferent look on his face, but not before locking eyes with me.

He shows me a kind smile. "Excuse me. I should go..."

"Yeah. Have fun." I forcibly say to him with a small smile.

I watch him and his date walk off towards the dance floor and I feel my shoulders slump.

"Depressed again?" Zyglavis sighs.

"I'm not depressed and what do you mean 'again'?" I snap back. "I wasn't depressed!" I take a deep breath and rest my hand on the side of my face. "Sorry, it's just how do you expect me not to be a little displeased at the sight of my boyfriend with another women." I look through the crowd and spot Hue and the goddess along the way. "She is beautiful..."

"Yes, I suppose." Zyglavis nods.

"She has a supermodel body." I examine the goddess.

"Zyglavis agrees with me again. "Yes."