Chapter Two

I'm the new girl

Depression is living in a body that fights to survive, with a mind that tries to die.

Two weeks later and I'm on my way to a new school. I sit in the uncomfortable office chairs while my mom talks to the principal. I shove my earbuds into my ears and blast my music. I get strange looks from people in the office, but they can deal with it. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around, it's my mom, I turn my down to where I can hear her and she begins talking.

"Ok, so he said you can start today and then, if things go well you can continue till graduation." She gives me a small smile. I can tell she's worried about me so I nod and give her a smile back hoping to calm her nerves. She sighs and nods her head.

"Did he say anything else?" I ask her and she nods her head.

"Right, he said he was going to call someone down to give you a tour around the school. They're also in all of your classes, so you can just follow them for awhile until you get to know your way around." I nod my head and we wait for the person the principle sent for.

"Hi, you must be Fern." A girls voice says from behind me. I turn my head and see a girl my age. I nod my head, and her smile widens.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Raven Wolfwalker, I'll be giving you the tour." She sticks out her hand and I shake it.

"Likewise." Is all I say. My mom waves at me as I exit the office with Raven.

"I'll see you when you get home." She says and goes outside. Raven then begins the tour and stops at our first class.

"Okay, so our first class is Algebra two with Mrs.Winters." She opens the door and walks towards the teachers desk.

"Ah, you must be Fern our new student, correct?" I nod my head yes. "Alright go ahead and take a seat next to Raven" I take my seat and wait for the class to be over. When the bell rings raven leads me to our next class.

"Okay, this is English with Mr. Wood. Some of my friends are also in this class, would you like me to introduce you to them?"

"Ya I'd like that." I say and we head into the classroom.

"You must be Fern Everblue, Am I right?" He looks up at me,

"Yup, the one and only." I reply

"Well take a seat next to Raven and we'll begin the lesson." I take my seat and Mr. Wood starts teaching the class. Raven waves me down after class and introduces me to her friends.

"Okay guys this is Fern, please introduce yourselves to her." One by one they begin to say their names.

"I'm Ace Willows, nice to meet you." I nod to a brunette and turn to the ginger male and wait for his name.

"I'm Blake Cherrywood." The ginger or Blake states and then the platinum blonde introduces herself.

"And I'm Opal Moonlocke."She says and holds out her hand.

I grab her hand, "It's nice to meet you guys." I give them a small smile.

"There's more of us, but you'll meet the rest at lunch."

"Ok." We say bye and head to our next class.

"This is Health with Mr. Darkmoon. Be careful though he's kinda mean." We walk in and up to an older man who I assume is Mr. Darkmoon.

"So Ms. Wolfwalker you finally decided to show up and join us."

"Sorry Mr-." He cuts her off.

"No excuses, detention after school."

"Hey! That's not fair, she was helping me around." I yell at him, and he slides his gaze to meet me.

"And who might you be young lady?"

"Your new student, Fern Everblue." His eyes widen and then fill with anger and he glares at me.

"You need to respect your teachers Ms. Everblue."

"I'll respect my teachers when they learn to respect their students." I snap and the class gasps.

"Congrats Ms. Everblue you just earned yourself a detention, you'll be joining Ms. Wolfwalker after school."

I glare at him, " I'll serve it alone or I won't do it at all. I'm the reason she's late so she doesn't deserve this detention."

He huffs, "Fine you'll be here for two hours instead of one. Now you two go take your seats."

We sit down and Darkmoon starts class. During the lecture everytime he would turn around the other students would turn and give me strange looks. Then they'd turn to their friends and begin whispering. Darkmoon turns around and sends a glare my way, I hold his gaze waiting for him to back down. He drones on about keeping in shape and other useless shit. Soon enough the bell rings and Raven and I head to lunch.

"You didn't have to do that." Raven says and levels her gaze with the line of teens in front of us.

"I couldn't let him talk to you like that, you're the only friend I have here other than Ace, Blake, and Opal. I give her my first real smile in months.

"Ya, but now you have to stay after school for two hours." She says quietly.

"I've had worse, this is nothing." I pay for my lunch and follow Raven to her group of friends. We set our trays down and She introduces me again.

"Alright, this is Fern, everyone who hasn't already, please introduce yourself to her." She nods her head to the group and they begin.

"Ok, so I'm Crow Snowdew, Raven's boyfriend."

"I'm Rose Hawkmoon."

"Dylan Warspring, Rose's boyfriend."

"And I'm Scott Everglow, It's nice to meet you. Oh and I'm Opals boyfriend."

"As you guys already know, I'm Fern Everblue it's nice to meet you guys." They smile at me and we all sit down and begin eating.

"Hey, where's Shay?" Raven asks and they all shrug.

"I'm here." A deep voice says from behind me, sending shivers down my spine.