Chapter Three

Gym

F.E.A.R has two meanings. Forget everything and run, or Face everything and rise.

Shay's P.O.V.

As I walk to the cafeteria, I keep hearing about how the new girl got into it with Mr. Darkmoon. I guess I'm no the only one in detention after school today. I got into a fight with my biology teacher, but hey it's not my fault the crazy woman wanted me to partner up with the school slut, who I want nothing to do with, Angel has been after me for years. But I'm waiting for my mate, and that's the only girl I'll ever want to be with. I walk through the cafeteria doors and head over to my pack who are talking to the new girl. God, I don't even know her name, that's sad.

"Hey where's Shay?" I Hear Raven ask, everyone shrugs while the new girl tilts her head, probably confused.

"I'm here." I state and they turn towards me.

" Oh good." She turns to the new girl, "This is our new student Fern Everblue." I sniff the air to catch her sent and freeze.

'Mate!' My wolf screams in my head. So this is the girl I'll be spending the rest of my life with. I hold my hand out and she timidly shakes it with her own, I catch a slight wince come across her face and can't help but wonder why. Well that's a question for another time.

"Shay Shadowbane, nice to meet you."

"Likewise." I give her a smile.

"I heard you got into it with Darkmoon." I see Raven grin out of the corner of my eyes.

"Oh, you heard about that." She looks down with pink tinted cheeks.

"The entire school has." Her blush deepens and she locks her eyes on the floor.

"Oh" She says in a quiet voice.

"Tell them why." Raven pokes Ferns shoulder. She lets out a sigh and nods.

"Darkmoon was being mean to Raven for being late, and he was going to give her detention. So I yelled at him and told him that it was my fault. He asked me who I was and I told him that I was his new student, he then told me that I needed to learn to respect my teachers, So I said ' I'll respect my teachers when they learn to respect their students.' We all nod for her to continue. "He then told me that I would join Raven in detention but I wouldn't have it and told him I'd serve it alone or I wouldn't serve it at all, So now I have a two hour detention with him after school." Everyone looks at her with wide eyes and mouths agape. Then they begin clapping, Fern looks confused.

"No one has ever told Darkmoon off before." Scott states.

I grin at her, "I'll see you in detention then." I hear Blake laugh and turn to face him.

"What did you do this time?" He asks me.

"My teacher wanted me to be partners with Angel." They all make a face.

"Who's Angel?" We all turn to face Fern.

"Angel Lovespring is the school slut. She's been trying to get with Shay for a few months, she'll get with anyone and everyone." Ace is the one to answer her.

"Oh, I see." Fern takes a bite of her apple and makes a face, must be a bad one.

"So, how long to you have to stay after for?" Crow asks me.

" I have two hours as well." I tell him.

"Damn, at least you get to know Fern better." Dylan says.

" Ya, that's probably the only perk, I'd be bored otherwise." I state and take a seat next to Fern. Everyone talks while waiting for the bell to ring.

"What's your last class Fern?" Rose asks her, Fern looks at Raven with a questioning look.

"We have gym with you guys."Raven answers for her.

"Awesome!" Opal, Rose, and Ace exclaim in usion.

The bell rings and we all head to the gym. The boys and myself head into the locker room and quickly change into our gym clothes and walk out and just stand around waiting for Miss. Snowdance to tell us what we're doing today. The girls locker room door swings open and the girls make their presence known, they make their way over to the teacher and start up a conversation. Fern looks a bit shy and knowing her that doesn't seem to be an everyday thing, so I tune into their conversation.

"Come on Fern, you look great." I hear Raven say to her.

"I'm not used to wearing anything other than long sleeves and pants. The last time I wore shorts was when I was six." Fern stated.

"You'll be okay, nobody will see them, and your shorts are long enough." Opal tells her. See what?

"You don't know that." Fern groaned.

"You'll be fine, if anyone does see them we've got a cover story ready." Rose insisted.

"Fine. Let's get this over with." Fern says and they walk up to Miss. Snowdance. They begin talking and she sends the other girls off so she can talk to Fern alone and get to know her a bit. The things about Miss. Snowdance is that she loves her students, she'll want to get too know you to the point that if something is wrong she will immediately notice and pull you aside to talk. She's like a mother figure to everyone, and people respect her alot, teachers and students alike. I stop eavesdropping and begin talking to the guys, Miss.Snowdance clears her throat to get everyone's attention.

"Alright listen up kiddos. This,"She motions to Fern. "is Fern Everblue our newest addition." Everyone says their form of 'hi' and then class begins.

"Today we will be playing Soccer outside." She states.

"Yes!" I hear all the girls exclaim and Miss. Snowdance just grins at the five of them. I smile and start walking with the class as we head to the doors that lead to the soccer field. When we get there we do a few stretches and warm-ups, before we start the game.

"Ok and the teams are, Fern, Raven, Opal, Shay, Scott, and Theo for Team A. The six of us walk over to the right side of the field and wait for the other team to be formed. "And Team B will be, Ace, Blake, Crow, Rose, Dylan, and Ruby." They head to the left side and Miss. Snowdance blows her whistle starting the game.

Fern and Ace head to the center of the field and face off waiting for Miss. Snowance to place the ball between them. She blows the whistle again and Fern is the first to react and kicks the ball to Ace's side and our team immediately goes for the ball. Raven gets to the ball first and passes it to me and I kick it towards Fern, she makes it into the goal and round two begins.

"Team A 1, and Team B zero." Miss. Snowdance announces.

Raven and Rose head to the center and Rose kicks the ball to our side. I go to kick it but Fern is already there and kicking the ball. Raven makes the winning shot and now we have two points. As the game ends Team A has three and Team B has two. We all cheer and head back inside to change.

"That was fun." I hear Fern say. We all agree and walk our separate ways.