Chapter Four

Detention

Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.

Fern's P.O.V.

After we get changed back into our regular clothes, we head back to the gym and wait for Miss. Snowdance to dismiss us. When she does the girls and I head to the doors and wait for the boys there. It takes a while but they finally show up, whoever said girls take too long to change is very very wrong. They walk up to us and we make our way to Darkmoons classroom. The boys walk ahead of us and I looks at the girls.

"Guys don't tell anyone else please." I beg them and they nod.

"We promise but you have to tell us why sometime." I nod my head in agreement and we catch up to the boys.

"You ready for detention?" Shay asks me.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I reply. I give Raven my phone number and home address so she knows how to get ahold of me when need be.

"I'll talk to you guys later." I tell the rest of the group as Shay leads me away to Darkmoons class.

"Ah, Ms. Everblue and Mr. Shadowbane how lovely of you to join me." Darkmoon says when he sees us enter the room.

"Lovely my ass." I mumble, but Shay hears me and chuckles.

"Do you have something you'd like to say Ms. Everblue?" Darkmoon asks while giving me an evil look. I think of what to say for a moment and smile.

"Yes actually I do." My smile gets bigger as his face darkens.

"Out with it then." He states darkly and takes a small step forward.

"You're an ass doesn't know how to be a teacher and has no business being one." I tell him calmly and Shay loses it and busts out laughing, he bends over holding his sides and continues to laugh. Darkmoons face turns red from anger and he grabs me by my arms. I wince at his grip knowing that there will be bruises there tomorrow. Shay immediately stops laughing and stands upright, I swear I heard a growl come from him but wave it off as my imagination.

"Ms. Everblue, you will be joining me in here everyday until the week is done, am I clear?" He asks and I shrug.

"For stating the truth, I'm okay with that."He scoffs before he lets go of my arms and walks behind his desk.

"Sit anywhere." He states while waving his hand absentmindedly. Shay and I walk to the desks that are the farthest away from him.

"You okay?" Shay asks me quietly.

"Ya, my arm is just a bit sore." I hear a quiet growl. "There might be a bruise tomorrow but, it should heal quickly." I state. Shay's head snaps to Darkmoon and glares for a minute before taking out his phone and types furiously. "What are you doing?" I ask him while raising an eyebrow in question.

He glances up at me before facing his phone again. "I'm telling the group what happened and now they are trying to plan Darkmoons murder." He says chuckling lightly. "By the way what's your number, they want me to add you to a group chat."

I tell him my number and my phone instantly begins to blow up, with my ringtone interrupting the silence in the classroom. Darkmoon glares at me and I quickly turn off my ringer before he comes and takes it away from me. I take a glance at my phone after Darkmoon takes his eyes off of me and goes back to looking at whatever is on his little laptop. I let out a quiet laugh at all of their suggestions and begin replying to everyone's texts. Soon enough Darkmoon is dismissing us to leave.

"That didn't feel like two hours to me." Shay states and I nod my head in agreement. We begin walking towards the door but get stopped by Darkmoon clearing his throat.

"Ms.Everblue, may I speak with you alone?" He asks and I look at Shay for help.

"It's ok, I'll stand outside the classroom door just holler for me if something goes wrong." He tells me quietly and nods to Darkmoons before stepping out the door. I turn to face Darkmoon as soon as Shay goes out of our sight.

As soon as Darkmoon loses sight of Shay he turns his body to face mine and throughs his hands out and grabs ahold of my arms again. I stiffen and wait a second to see if he'll say anything but, he doesn't so I begin to try and get out of his hold know that the bruises with be darker due to this. As he tightens his hold i give up and call out for Shay. He bursts through the door and Darkmoon immediately let go of my arms and I walk backwards bumping into Shays chest while doing so. He wraps his arms around my shoulders and pulls me even closer to his body.\, while glaring daggers at Darkmoons semi-angry face.

"I'll see you in my room again tomorrow Ms.Everblue, for the last day of your detention sense today is Thursday." Darkmoon states settling his cold eyes on my small form. Which sends shivers down my spine.

"She won't be here alone." Shay states in a deadly calm voice showing he's not afraid to protect me again if need be. Darkmoon sends him a glare and waves us off.

Shay leads me out of the classroom and towards the school doors that lead us to the student parking lot. He opens the door and the fresh air hits me and I take a deep breath, happy to be free from that horrid classroom.Shay stops and we stand there for a moment taking in the fresh air and the cool breeze blowing through the trees.

"Do you need a ride home?" Shay asks affectively breaking the silence.

I just nod my head and with his arm still wrapped protectively around my shoulders, he leads me towards a black and red 2006 mustang, and opens the passenger side door and motions for me to hop inside. I can feel the cool leather seep through my jeans and into my skin, instantly cooling my warm body. He closes my door and swiftly goes to the drivers side and gets in. With a quick glance at me he starts up the car and pulls out of the parking lot and onto the two lane road. I tell him the directions to my new house, though I only moved here maybe two weeks ago I've gotten to know the area quiet well. We pull into the driveway and he pulls to a stop behind my dads pick up. I unbuckle and open the car door, but Shay grabs my hand.

'Can I pick you up in the morning?" He questions with a light blush dusting his cheeks.

I give him a smile."Ya, that'd be great." He nods his head and I step out of the car and walk up to my house, and pause before opening the door and turn around and wave ay Shay. He waves back and I quickly open the door and walk inside coming face to face with my grinning family. They ask me a ton of questions,then after answering them all I head upstairs to my room and begin on my homework.

Well at least I've made a few friends and an enemy. I roll up my sleeves and take a look at my arms. Taking notice that the bruises are a dark purple but are already starting to heal, some of them already becoming the sickly green color. Letting out a sigh I grab my pen and start on my Health paper, but I quickly grab the bottle of water from its place on my nightstand and take the little yellow pill the doctor gave me to deal with my depression. Maybe one day they will finally start working like the doctor said.