Chapter Nine: Spring Crow

The hours became dreadful since their return, Emelie has hoped Ouen gave up, that the time alone has cooled him down- but it didn't, it only made things worse. Another week went by, spring was starting to turn into summer, the air humid and hot, flowers bloomed, sky clear with a few storms in the distance, and it smelt like fresh baked bread resting on a windowsill; beautiful and pure. However, it was not beautiful and pure, it was full of pain and suffering behind those stone walls.

The mistreatment left more than bruises, his slaps formed into punches, stern words became colder, now his feet came into the mix of torture- a hard kick to the side once or twice. Her body were used in so many ways, damaged under her clothing, aches from the inside out, and she cried but no more tears were left to shed. Emelie was numb, useless, unable to fight back- even from the start, her words would be nothing and his actions would be twice as brutal.

Emelie fell into the cold floor twice that day, her body aches as a fresh bruised form on her side after being thrown into the bed foot board, she laid still while her nails scrapped on the floor as if tempting to crawl away- of course, running would only amuse him like a bear and its prey. Along with before, her body was used, her dress pushed up to her back, the side of her face forced down into the dirty floor, his body trapping her in as he used his cock as another weapon of torture. Finally, after five pumps, he was done and satisfied for the day until the evening where he will use her again.

Emelie continued to lay on the floor after he left, her eyes looked out to nothing but the stool legs and wall, her body was numb, she was so tired; laying on the ground was the best option, it was better than faking it by putting on a smile and cleaning herself up. She squeezed her eyes shut after hearing the maids scramble outside, one of them can find her, dress practically over her head, unmoving, bruised from the neck down- almost dead. It took a while to pull herself to her feet, she used the foot board to steady herself, her legs wobbled from the ache in her core- his force was getting worse and left her bleeding as if torn apart over and over again.

A couple of times she fell to her hands and knees when walking over to the bowl and kettle, but she made it and wiped the blood from her inner thighs and smooth the aching. Yet, Emelie could not cry, no emotion filled her chest, she were nothing but a zombie; dead eyes, worn out face, lips formed into a frown, and brain barely work when it comes to communicating. She would only nod or say a simple answer to keep the conversation moving until she could escape again, which only made Ouen even more pissed and violent.

Suddenly, the heavy door creaked open, making Emelie stiff and alert. "Your highness?" A maid peaked her head in, eyes wary and lips tugged into a frown.

Emelie cleared her throat to push her cautious paranoid acts down. "Yes?"

"Queen Elizabeth has summoned you for lunch, she grew worried of you missing it again. The majesty wants to know if you're feeling well to join them."

"Yes, give me a minute, please." Delighted to hear, the maid gave a small curtsy Before running off to share the news. With the extra pair of eyes gone, Emelie took a small breath of encouragement to join the world and its guest.

It was only Queen Elizabeth and Queen Martha who sat in the dining hall, the long table with only first quarter of it occupied with food, sweets, and two older woman. Talia has given Emelie space by staying in Paris, where she would be courted by Duke Hamilton. With Ouen demands and aggressiveness, the young woman saved herself by running while she still can by marrying a lonely old fat man that would rather burn his own hand off than lay it upon a woman.

"Feeling better, dear?" Elizabeth questioned in a timid worried tone, still showing her clueless mind.

Emelie nod her head yes, lying has become easier and more natural. "Yes, Ive was unfortunately granted a cold after out trip back, the change of climate did not fit well with my body." Her afternoon wine glass were already filled and already gone as she downed the beverage as if it were water. Drinking weren't her habit, but it was the only thing that can actually make her body numb from pain and sorrow.