Chapter Nineteen: Sir Carter Lewis William-D'vinca

"Tell me more."

The morning after has turned into a festival of questions, Emelie woke up to a beautiful and frightening site of Talia hovering over her resting body, a large smile upon her face, and a twinkle of curiosity in her eyes that only made the widow scorn the previous night. In there robes and night gowns, the two young woman sat in the middle of Emelie's bed eating toast and eggs.

"I've told you everything I can, what more do you want?" Emelie giggles, it amused her to speak to someone of her own age that understand the scandal of kissing upon a random gentleman.

"You never told me his name or occupation. You told me nothing."

"His name?" Of course, sharing Jacob's name would ruin both sides of their lives.

Talia nod her head in confirmation, she glowed under the natural light. "Yes, you must know that."

Emelie took in a deep breath before stuffing her mouth with the toast she had left. Talia still waited patiently, the smile upon her face not yet waned. Swallowing the last of her meal, Emelie took a few more seconds to think before answering. "Sir Carter... Lewis...Willam-D'vinca. That is his name."

The beautiful blonde blinked twice to register the long unusual name. "D'vinca?"

"Yes, his family is Italian living in London. Because of the war, they are troubled and eventually they're moving back to Italy where they will be safer."

"He left."

Emelie nod her head yes, "Leaving this afternoon to be specific."

"Then what are we doing here, you must see him." The wager woman jumped out of bed, not yet losing that smile and excitement. "Oh Emelie, this is not just an affair, but this is passion. What I witnessed last night was so beautiful, the way he held you, the way you held him. Even I envied that moment. Are you in love? You must be."

The young woman would of laughed in her face at that very second, called her a naive romantic and continued on the day with humor. However, the young widow couldn't, her voice was lost in her throat as her mind turned blank. Love... That word was used in a new context now, something that Emelie fantasized but never managed to receive. Yet, she still hasn't reached that peak in her life. "Lust is always mistaken for love."

"Lust can always turn into love, do not doubt. Which port shall he start his voyage?"

"We can not leave for a man who does not love me. He loves another, I've witnessed his adoration myself."

Talia finally lost her smile, her cheeks turned red in embarrassment as she witnessed the true disappointment in Emelie's eyes. "What is this woman's name? We can scare her off-"

"No, we can't do that and I do not want to do that. Let's not make a fuss out of it, the affair was nothing. Now that I am up and full, I must get ready for the rest of the day. May you do me a kind favor?"

"Of course, what shall I do for you?"

"Fetch Jaya for me, tell her I need assistance with the bath. She should be in the kitchen."

Talia had no problem jumping to the opportunity of helping, the blonde dashed out the room with her hair flowing behind her as she ran. Emelie waited for a few seconds before making a dash for it herself, instead of going downstairs, she ran into the old study across the hall.

The small room was lifeless, dead plants settled by the windows, dust floated in the air, and old bookshelves covered each wall like tattoos. It's dull color and leather furniture reminded her of mostly every man's study that she has come upon in the past, Emelie found the unique item that made this study different from the others.