He was gone.

Her golden hair danced with the wind, her soft grey eyes watched, her ears listened, her heart beat. She stood, her right arm resting on the trunk of a willow tree that sat at the top of the hill. She could see the forest from here. She closed her eyes and breathed. Breathed. The wind was knocking her off balance, but she enjoyed it, she embraced it. The sun looked small, but its rays reached far, lighting up the kingdom and spreading its warmth. Like this, her senses stirred. She loved everything, everything about this world, except the people in it. She was young, but her mind was big. She loved thinking, appreciating, admiring, and yet she found herself at loss. Why were humans so cruel? Why do people have to suffer? Goosebumps spread from her hands as the cold air drifted on her skin. She opened her eyes and sat down on the tall grass, breathing in its scent, before exhaling, letting go of all her feelings, all her attachments to her home. Goodbye Wilagorn.

"Celia." Laina came from behind her, awaking her from her thoughts. "What are you thinking about?" she sat next to her on the grass.

"Nothing... and everything."

"Where did my cheerful young sister go? I know a lot has happened, but please don't lose hope." Laina said.

Celia rested her head on her sisters shoulder "I didn't lose hope, but you can't deny that we're lost."

"We're not lost Celia, we can still see the village from here."

"I don't mean it like that. I mean we have no plan, no direction, we're lost."

Laina sighed at her sister's words and rested her head on her sister's head "Wherever fate leads us, we'll be together, do you promise?"

"I promise." Celia smiled warmly, taking her sisters hand in hers.

---------------------------

"Everyone! Climb the trees!" Alan shouted at the top of his lungs for everyone to hear. They were panicking, frozen in place. They were surrounded by Night Slayers, but not any Night Slayers, they were in the form of beasts. They had the same overall appearance, but they were on all fours, and their skin was covered in grey fur, their mouths open displaying sharp fangs. They were about the size of a full grown bear. They had no ears or tails.

Gregors hands slipped as he tried to grab onto the thick branches of the tree. He grunted, using his Slayer arm for strength. Once he sat on a sturdy branch he took out his bow and arrow. By now most of the men had climbed trees and reached safety, but some were getting attacked by the Beastly Night Slayers. He pulled out an arrow from the quiver and with shaky hands aimed at one of the Slayers. He shot it the arrow without a second thought, hitting its neck. The Slayer did not flinch; instead it snapped its neck towards him and locked its red eyes with his eyes. He gulped. The beast dashed towards the tree he was on, scratching and clawing at the trunk, trying to reach him. He shivered and gasped at the force of the beast that had the tree shaking. Gregor took out another arrow and began shooting frantically, trying to hit its eye, but with the tree shaking, he couldn't steady his hold.

An arrow zoomed past him, piercing the beast's eye, making it shriek in agony. Gregor looked behind him and saw Aden waving an arrow and smirking at him, he thanked him with a nod. Gregor took this opportunity to shoot its other eye and knock it down. Some of the other beasts rushed to the one he defeated and started feasting on its body. Gregor cringed at the scene, almost gagging with disgust.

He looked around, trying to find if anyone else was in danger, when he spotted an old man on the ground, covering his face with his hands in fear of an approaching beast. Gregor took out an arrow, readying his shot, but before he could do anything, a man jumped down from one of the trees and stood between the old man and the beast. Gregors heart stopped when he saw his face "Abe!" he shouted as loud as he could "Abe! Get out of there!"

He couldn't hear him. So he brought up his bow and arrow and aimed, at the beast. He shot, but missed the eye. This caught Abe's attention, making him use this as a chance to stab the beast's eyes with axe. He looked up at Gregor and smiled. Gregor returned the smile, but his smile was quickly wiped away. Abe noticed that he was looking at something behind him. "Abe! Behind you!" Abe's eyes widened, but before he could turn around, sharp fangs dug themselves into his arm. Gregor watched in horror, taking out another arrow and aiming. He missed again. Abe let out an ear-splitting scream, his dark eyes, faded to red. Gregor tried to aim again, but another beast stood in his way, biting Abe from his abdomen. Gregor froze. Abe's screams were getting louder, until they turned to deep growls. Gregor couldn't see him anymore, he was surrounded by beasts. "Abe! No!" He cried, voice cracking.

When the beasts started moving away, he saw the very image that would haunt him for the rest of his life. Instead of Abe, there it sat, with its long arms and sooty skin, its red glowing eyes locked on Gregors eyes, showing no feelings, no emotion, nothing. There it sat, a Night Slayer.

-----------------------

Done with chapter 15! Yay! Although this is not a very happy chapter :( Hope you guys still liked it.