Losing control

"My king, the people are talking, the masters are talking," Rogerus said, watching as the king stuffed another slice of apple in his mouth, "they're talking about your dragon, and your bravery...but mostly your dragon,"

"So they doubt my identity? Well, it was quite foolish of me to take out Gurra like that, but it was only to protect them, and yet they don't acknowledge that" Edmund said, twirling the fruit knife in his hand.

"You need to give them an explanation, they will believe anything you say,"

"Hm, let's think of a good story," Edmund stroked his chin, "Gurra was gifted to me by one of the greatest magicians of our lands?"

"No, my king, that's quite weak,"

"Oh! I know, tell the people I was taught magic to provide the kingdom with security, tell them that it was part of my training to become king, a requirement, tell them that Richard demanded it before magicians were outlawed. Good enough?" Edmund lifted his eyebrows.

Rogerus smirked, "Yes, your majesty, it's perfect."

-------------------------------------------------

"The queen has provided us with 4,000 men, keep in mind their race is stronger than us, and let's not forget 'the cursed', you also have incredible strength," Julian told the rest of the men who were all sitting behind a long rectangular table.

Aden's eyes brightened at the compliment.

"Finn, I'm afraid you have to stay here," Alan said.

"I knew this would happen," he spat bitterly.

"I don't think there is a need for that," Nefarious's deep voice spoke suddenly, making everyone turn to him with confused expressions, "we have been working on a gear that will allow Finn to be of some use,"

"What?!"

"Using the same substance that is used to make our weapons and a special metal, we developed a pair of legs for Finn," Nefarious said.

Finn gaped like a fish, and a laugh slowly left his lips "Y-you're joking right?"

Just then, two men walked in each holding a leg. They knelt down in front of Finn and started the fitting. The legs had a buckle at the top that would help secure them, the metal was shaped like the human calf bone and surrounding the metal was another layer of metal that had that bluish liquid running through tiny vessels. Finn wiped his eyes frantically, wondering when the tears had left his eyes.

"Try them," Nefarious said, lips curling up in a barely there smile.

Finn gave up on wiping his tears and using both his hands, he propped himself on the arms of the chair and slowly lifted his bottom. He tried to steady the unfamiliar feet on the floor, but he slipped and fell back on the chair.

"It's going to need some adjustments... and you're going to need some practice," Nefarious muttered.

"T-thank you so much- I don't know what to say, this- I didn't know how I was going to see my wife and daughter looking like that, but now at least I can stand to hug them," Finn choked out the last words before he started sobbing.

"Hey, now my back won't have to suffer," Felton said, patting Finn on the back.

------------------------------------------

"Do you think it'll work?" Gregor said as he watched the soldiers training from the balcony.

"What?" Julian said.

"Our plan, how are we even going to cross the forest again?"

"Gregor, with this much men, we will have more than enough defence,"

"How did you cross the forest? Did you even see these creatures?" Gregor snapped.

Julian turned to him and sighed "Look, I know you've had a traumatising experience in these woods, but it's the only way. And no, I did not see these creatures because there were none back then, the forest was normal, the Sylvan race was thriving, they helped us get through,"

"I met one, her name was Illyria, she helped us a lot," Gregor smiled sadly.

"Greg, Rowan told me about your left hand, it's probably been under a lot of pressure from the constant transformation,"

"I know, I've been practising, but I'm scared, Julian,"

"What's wrong?" Julian frowned.

"I feel like I'm losing control, my eye keeps glowing and aching even when I'm not summoning my arm, its like I can't control it anymore,"

"I think...perhaps you need some time alone," Julian thought about his words for a second "Greg, don't take this the wrong way, but you have monster blood in you, if you don't tame it now, you don't know what might happen, it might take over you... please think this through Greg, take a break and rest, I don't want to lose you, please..." Julian looked at Gregor with sad eyes.

Gregor huffed and walked to the door "Alright, but this battle is one I have to fight in, so don't try and make me stay," he left the room and Julian was left to think alone.

"Hey, Greg, where are you going?" Aden said as Gregor passed him.

"To the lake, don't follow me." Gregor muttered.

Aden scratched his head in confusion. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Quite a short chapter, but it ended in the right place. What do you think of Gregors problem??????

If you liked this chapter comment and vote! I love reading comments :)