{Chapter 4}

{Music : Copycat - Billie Eilish}
- optional ( it's in the media ^) -

•••

I stepped into the black van I was once in earlier and sat down next to some of the crew members.

They started driving to an anonymous destination, until we pulled up to this empty abandoned parking lot with no person in site.
We all got out and they stood in a line in front of me.

"Before we can do anything involving robberies with you, we need to teach you how to use a gun and ya know the basics to being bad ass." Kelsey the other girl member of the crew, sneered while looking me up and down.

And who are you, you dumb bitch?

I laughed, "how hard could this be? I've watched a crap ton of action movies and every episode of criminal minds. I know what I'm doing."

"Do you now?" Ethan said as he walked towards me with his eyebrow raised.

"Then fire it." He crossed his arms and watched me.

I looked at him and back at the gun held in my hand. I put my finger on the trigger and pressed it squeezing my eyes shut not ready to hear the loud bang.

I opened my eyes again and saw that nothing came out and that the whole crew was laughing at me.

My face turned red in embarrassment and Ethan walked over with a chilling smirk on his face.

"You had it in safe lock." He grabbed it from me and loaded it.

He aimed it at a beer bottle standing up on a crate a few feet away from us and fired, perfectly shattering the bottle.

He handed the gun back to me and helped reposition my hands so I was holding it the right way.

"Okay now raise it and aim it at that glass bottle, don't hesitate just shoot." He backed up and I nodded.

I aimed the gun at the bottle and pulled the trigger.

BANG!

I jumped and saw that I broke the glass bottle perfectly with one shot. Ethan looked at me and back at the broken bottle, totally impressed.

He smiled at me and in the corner of my eye I saw Carrington glaring at me. I turned and looked fully at her waiting for her to say something, but all she did was grab Ethan by the face and start making out with him.

I gagged to myself and walked back towards the van to put the gun away. I got into the back of the van and let my legs dangle off the end, just getting a little second of what I guess I can call 'relaxation time.'

Grayson walked over towards me and took a seat next to me.

"That was sick as fuck how you shot that bottle down on your first try." He said with a sly smirk on his face.

I giggled, "thanks.. I was surprised I even hit it from that far away. I guess I'm not that bad at this after all." I joked.

He chuckled, "you definitely get it from your parents then."

I looked at him totally forgetting what they had told me earlier. My parents were the bosses of them. My parents were criminals. Actual criminals.

I gulped just at the thought and Grayson looked at me, obviously hearing me gulp.

"Am I making you nervous or something?" He looks at me with his eyebrow raised, testing me.

I bit my lip out of habit and looked at him, "no."

He looked down at my lips and back up at me with that same smirk on his face.

"okay." He simply said before pushing himself off the van and walking off to the rest of the crew.

I looked over to the crew and saw them all there, except Carrington and Ethan were leant up against a wall. Carrington was giving Ethan her full undivided attention, while I noticed that Ethan was eyeing me with his jaw clenched.

I shrugged my shoulders and shook it off not thinking too much of it.

——

We got back in the van and were driving back to the warehouse for the night, which I was totally relieved about.

I gotta admit I'm really scared to wake up tomorrow and see what my second task is going to be, because never in a million years would I have thought I was going to be a criminal... in my family's own business.

I sighed to myself and looked over to Ethan who was rubbing Carrington's back as she rested her head on his chest.

I stared at them for a while, taking in that Ethan must actually care about her. Seeing the way he is affectionate towards her makes me a little jealous that I don't have something like that.

The van came to a stop which caused me to snap out of my thoughts and stop staring at them.

I got up and stepped forward but I came into contact with a big bulky chest. I looked up and saw Grayson standing there with his hands on my shoulders.

"Watch where you're going next time gorgeous." He jokingly winked, causing me to giggle.

Maybe this won't be so bad after all, I mean Grayson is very nice to me. So maybe he'll help me through this whole process, because honestly I'm going to need all the help I can get.

•••

Like , comment, and vote ❤️