Chapter 4

~(R/N) POV~

It's another day like usual, pig is released and we chase it, sometimes we get it and other not so much. But this day I was determined to get that damn pig no matter what, we were currently chasing it and I was getting REALLY close that my claws almost touched it. That is until I heard the oh so "famous" clicker, we all stopped in our tracks and try to found the source. "Eyes on me!" Alpha says and we all look up to see him. All of us except for Blue Who had her head down. "Blue? Blue!" Alpha says raising his voice at Blue. Blue snapped at Alpha making his slightly pissed. "Watch it!" Alpha then looks to Charlie. "Hey Charlie" Charlie of course hisses at Alpha "Don't give me that shit!" Then to Delta. "Delta, lock it up!" Then to Echo nodding, then finally to me smiling slightly. "Good, and we're moving!" Alpha says moving to the other catwalk as we walk with him nipping at each other. "Hold!" We all stand still looking up at him Blue snarling a little at him. "Hey that's good, that is damn good!" Alpha uses the clicker again then reaches in the pail getting out a treat (a rat basically). "See Charlie that's what you get!" Alpha says throwing one to Charlie. "Echo There you go!" Then Echo. "Delta." Then Delta. "Blue, (R/N)." Alpha says picking up two white treats. "These are for you." Alpha throws them at us and we both get one. "Hold!" Alpha says again and we look back up at him. "Eyes up!" Alpha raises his hand up and we follow with our heads. "Go!" Alpha says lower his hand signaling us to move forward. In the back I hear clapping and cheering, we walk back to the clearing walking around doing something to entertain ourselves. "You finally did it!" Barry says hugging Alpha. "Owen!" Called a fat man walking up to Alpha. "I was starting to think I hired the wrong guys, but damn you got 'em eating outta your palm." Alpha and fat man shake hands. "You came on a good day, it's not usually an happy ending." "Is that why you're not sending in your reports?" "We've been busy." Barry says. "To busy to cash in your paychecks?" Fat man says fake punching at Barry. Alpha nods looking at the fat man. "What do ya need buddy?" Alpha asks. "A field test." Fat man says making Alpha roll his eyes turning and walking away, but fat man follows close behind. "Hey, I just seen that they can respond to commands we need to get it on to research and get it on it's feet." "They're wild animals Hoskins, trust me, you don't want them in the field." Alpha says "I just saw a bond, a real bond between man and beast." Fat man says stepping in front of Alpha blocking his path. "Your in my way." Alpha says. "Come on." Fat man says sighing. "We're the same we're dogs of war, we know that military needs to reduce casualties. Some people think that bots are the future." Alpha pushes pass fat man. "Look nature gave us the most effective killing machines 75 million years ago and now we know they can take orders." Barry walks up to them. "Finally we make progress and that's the first thing he says, make a weapon." "Come on gents, it's grown up time. Robots can't search tunnels, caves, and they're hackable. The minute real war breaks out all that fancy tech is gonna go dark." Fat man says walking along with Alpha and Barry. "Yeah but the tech won't eat you if you forget to feed it." Fat man looks irritated then looks to us. "Look, look at these creatures they got millions of years of instincts in their cells, instinct that we can program. Their loyalty cannot be bought." The fat man looks towards me probably noticing my horns and my (R/C). "These guys are gonna run straight into the enemies teeth and eat em both buckle and all." Barry looks irritated looking towards fat man. "What if they decide they want to be in control?" "Well we remind them who is, we terminate the rogues. Promote only the royal bleed lines." Barry laughs at the fat man shaking his head. "What? What's so funny?" Fat man says looking at Barry as he walks off. "Oh you come here and you don't learn anything about these animals, except what you wanna know." Alpha says looking towards the fat man then towards us. "You made them and now you think you own them." "We do own them, extinct animals have no rights." "They're not extinct anymore Hoskins." Alpha walks away with fat man still following him and out of ear reach so I can't hear them until they get down to ground level and Alpha walks into the little cage area. "War is part of nature, look around Owen every living thing in this jungle is trying to murder the other. Mother Nature's way of testing her creation, refining the pecking order. War is a struggle, struggle breeds greatness and without that we end up in a place like this charge seven bucks a soda." Fat man continues on trying to make a point, a stupid point. "Do you hear yourself when you talk?" "This is gonna happen with or without you boys. Progress always wins." "Maybe progress should lose for once." Just as I was listening to Alpha talking I heard someone yelling the pig is loose. 'Nows my chance!' Just a guy was about to grab the pig I zoom by grabbing the pig while pulling the guy into our 'home' causing him to freak out and my siblings to start snapping at him and hissing. Just as Blue was gonna pounce on him Alpha starts running in blocking the other guy from us. "Hold your fire!" Alpha says putting out both his hands towards us. "Hold your fire do not shoot! Put 12 amps in these animals they're never gonna trust me again." Blue starts walking towards Alpha slowly everyone following but me. "Blue stand down. Stand down." Blue snaps at Alpha making him widen his eyes a bit. "Hey, hey! What did I just say, Delta I see you back up. Okay good, good. Charlie, stay right there. (R/N) don't even think about it. Good, close the gate." Alpha says towards Barry. "Are you crazy?!" Barry yells at him. "Hey just trust me." "Close the gate man!" The kid says still scared out of his mind. Barry hesitantly closes the gate, just as the gate was about to close Alpha runs making it under the gate in time just as my siblings run after him hitting their heads against the bars. Alpha then gets up and walks over to the guy still sitting on the ground. "You ever wondered why there's an job opening?" Alpha says looking towards me as well as the kid on the ground. "She's the reason." Alpha says pointing to me which made the kid even more frightened. After that Alpha walked away and got on his bike looking towards the 'pin' one last time and drove off. I walked back towards the middle with everyone else, Blue seemed pissed that Alpha made her hesitate at attacking him. After a while everyone left and it was just us five left, we all went to bed huddled together and fell asleep with no more nightmares just calming thoughts.