»5« New People

"It's torture being in love"

Louis's POV:

I watch as she talks and gets along with everyone. Well, almost everyone. Her laugh is so soft and her smile just makes me smile.

When I was teaching her the piano keys I was so nervous. I was scared she'd get annoyed when I rambled or just ignore me, but she didn't. She listened to me and laughed at my jokes, like she enjoyed my company.

It feels different with her, different from Clementine...

Y/N's POV:

~The Next Day~

I open my eyes and yawn. I turn over and remember, I'm in a soft bed, with a real roof over my head and no alarms early in the morning.

Although, I might've woken up pretty early, I guess my mind is just so used to it.

I stand up and stretch, raising my arms in the air. I look out the window that's boarded up and just sigh. I'm actually alive... and I feel happy here.

I turn around and go out the door, down the hallway and outside. The bright sun shines down, there's no clouds out today.

There's only three people out here, Clementine, Louis, and Marlon. The others might be asleep.

I walk over to the group of three. Louis is the first to notice me. "Good morning princess" Louis says. "Princess?" I ask. "What? I can't compliment you?" Louis asks. "Don't call me princess... I like to refer to myself as queen" I say with pride.

"I like that" Louis smiles. "Anyway, what's going on?" I ask. "We we're mentioning you actually" Marlon says.

"We need food for today and I was wondering if you'd like to help out" Marlon adds. "Of course I'll help, you guys helped me out and it's time I do something for you" I say. "Great, you can go hunting with Louis and Aasim or go fishing with Violet and Brody" Marlon says.

I look over to Louis who is just giving me a smirk. "I'll go hunting" I say. "I've always been better at hunting anyway" I add. "Alright, Clem you can go with Vi and Brody" Marlon says.

"That's fine with me" Clem says. "You guys can leave once everyone's awake and ready, oh and Y/N, please help Aasim" Marlon says. "Help Aasim?" I ask. "Well I doubt Louis will be much help" Marlon says, looking toward Louis. "What? I help plenty" Louis says.

"Anyway, I'm sure Louis will get you once it's time to leave" Marlon says. "While everyone wakes up, wanna help with the piano again?" Louis asks.

"Actually, I was supposed to show Y/N around, let her get comfy here" Clementine says. "Awh, please?" Louis asks. "Sorry Louis" I smile, walking off with Clementine.

"Don't worry about him, it's better if you know where everything is" Clementine says. "Have you been here long?" I ask. "Actually no, I got here just a day before you, but it was less hectic" Clementine says. "You already know everyone and where everything is?" I ask.

"Yea, I'm pretty out going I guess" Clementine says. "I'm definitely not out going... I'm pretty quiet" I say. "That's fine! Sometimes quiet is better" Clementine says.

"Hey! Tenn and AJ are awake" Clementine says. "Who?" I ask. Clem leads me over to two younger kids, when I say young, I mean young...

"Hey Tenn, this is Y/N, the new girl from yesterday" Clementine says. "Hi Y/N" Tenn says. "AJ, this is Y/N" Clementine says. "Hey" AJ smiles.

"Is Tenn your real name?" I ask. "It's Tennessee, but everyone calls me Tenn" Tenn says. "Is AJ your name?" I ask. "It's Alvin Junior, but AJ is easier" Clementine says.

"Right, follow me this way" Clementine says. "Does AJ or Tenn have parents?" I ask. "Uh, AJ lost his parents and I looked after him since he was born, and Tenn... I assumed he lost his too" Clementine says. "I never asked about Tenn's parents though" Clem adds.

"Speaking of which, these two graves are Minnie and Sophie, they were Tenn's sisters, twins" Clementine says. "They're buried here?" I ask, confused. "Not them, it's just their belonging buried here, I think Minnie and Sophie went past the safe zone and were killed" Clementine says.

Wait. That's what all of the school thinks? I thought Marlon just made up them being dead, I would've thought the school knew that Minnie and Sophie were given away to raiders. I can't tell anyone about Minnie and Sophie... they told me... and I promised them.

"That... sounds horrible" I say. "How did they die?" I ask. "I don't know, remember I wasn't here any longer than you" Clementine says. "Right" I laugh.

I wanna talk to Tenn about his sisters, if I tell Tenn the truth... will he believe me?

"It seems like everyone is awake now, I'll introduce you to everyone" Clem says. I nod and look back at Minnie and Sophie's grave one last time.

Clem goes around to everyone and introduces me to everyone, I get to know everyone's name and what they look like. I got to know Aasim, Ruby, and Mitch the most. Mainly because I had an actual conversation with them...

"Hey Y/N, you done saying hi to everyone?" Louis says. I look over to Clem to make sure. "Yea, she's at least had an introduction with everyone" Clementine says. "Great! Me and Aasim are heading out soon if you're ready" Louis says. "Of course I'm ready" I say.

"I'll go meet up with Violet and Brody, please don't do anything weird to Y/N, she doesn't deserve it" Clementine says. "Please, she doesn't mind" Louis says. Clem rolls her eyes, smiles, and walks off.

"You don't mind right?" Louis asks. "I've met more annoying people" I say. We both begin to walk over to Aasim.

"More annoying? I'll have to fight for first place then" Louis smirks. "Try it" I say. "Challenge accepted" Louis looks at me.

I can't help but smile at his small jokes. It's adorable.