»8« Dreams

(WE HIT 1K! Even as I have like 800 followers and over 100k on a book, hitting 1K is always so amazing to me! So thank you all! Mwah!)

"You make it easier when life gets hard"

Y/N's POV:

I open my eyes. Where-

"Hey Y/N, finally awake?"

No... not again, please. I hate this.

"So I was talking to James yesterday and I think he's pretty cool, you'd like him! He's a pretty chill guy and I think he'd open up more if we talked to him"

"Avery, I'm sorry..." I say. "For what?" Avery asks. "Everything, I know this isn't real... and I wish I could rewind time" I say. "What are you talking about? I think you ate something funny last night" Avery smiles.

I hate this so much... what I hate most though, there's only way for this to end.

I get up and grab a gun, feeling my heart drop. "I'm sorry for everything, I'm sorry for what happened to you and everyone else, I wish I listened to you back then" I say, pointing the gun at Avery.

"Y/N please, save us"

I pull the trigger.

~~~~

I quickly open my eyes, I'm breathing heavy and I'm sweating. That god damn dream... that fucking dream! It keep reminding me of my mistake! Avery's face, the way he talks, and the way the dream doesn't do anything but it makes me end it.

I should've listened to Avery! I should've just followed the rules! Then I wouldn't be here, and my group wouldn't be either missing or dead!

I feel my heart beat faster, anxiety rolls over me as I begin to think of everything I could've done back then.

I look out the window, I was just napping. It's still night and I'm guessing the food is still getting prepared. Speaking of food... did Clem, Louis, and Vi go to that train station?

There's a soft knock on the door and I feel myself get scared. Right... I'm at the school, I'm not at the Delta... I'm at Ericson's boarding school. There's nothing to be afraid of here...

"Come in" I say. The door opens and Louis walks in. "Oh hey" I smile. I feel my heart slow down and I feel calmer, just seeing Louis makes me feel calm.

"Hey, you okay?" Louis asks. "What? I'm fine" I say. "I just heard you crying, sort of panicking, are you sure you're fine?" Louis asks. "It was nothing! Just a nightmare" I say.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Louis asks.

"No, it wasn't anything serious anyway! Just a simple nightmare" I say. "I'll believe you, but we have a stash of food, it'll last us months" Louis says.

"You went to the train station?" I ask. "Yep! It was surrounded by walkers, Clem planned everything out and we got the food" Louis says. "Oh right! The reason I came here, food's ready if you're hungry" Louis adds.

"Ha... yea I'll be there, just give me a moment to wake up" I say. "Alright" Louis nods and walks out.

Give me a moment to wake up... that dream sure as hell woke me up. I take a deep breath in and sigh.

I look around the room for a while. I wish this apocalypse never happened... I could be in school, with friends, the only worry I had was getting my homework done... now...

God. Life went to total shit, but I'm lucky to be alive. I'm also glad I met everyone here. I just wish life was... normal again.

I finally get up and begin walking down the hallway and outside. I see everyone sitting at tables, chatting and eating.

I spot Louis, Clem, Vi, AJ, and Tenn at a table. I grab a bowl of food and then go to the table and sit beside Clem and AJ.

I see Louis give me a reassuring look and I smile back at him. We all begin eating and just talking.

Then I see Louis lean forward and look down for a second, looking sad. The same for Violet. That's wrong?

"I'm done, I'm going to my dorm" Louis says, getting his bowl and leaving. "Me too" Violet says, doing the same.

"Is something wrong?" I ask. "They're just sad" Tenn says. "About what?" I ask. "My sisters, Minnie and Sophie, went missing around this time" Tenn says.

I feel my heart drop. No... they're sad over that? God... life just makes it harder everyday to not tell them that they're actually alive. I'm doing it for the group though, telling them that the two are alive could cause a lot of conflict and even more suspicion of me. I don't want that...

"You're not sad?" Clem asks. "No, death doesn't bother me as much" Tenn says. I pull all my attention to what Tenn is saying. I listen as he talks, and also draws at the same time.

"Tenn they're your sisters, and you really aren't bothered?" I ask. "No, I like to picture Minnie and Sophie if they were alive now, or sometimes I draw them in a much better place" Tenn says. I look at this drawing.

It's Minnie and Sophie, they're smiling and the background is sunny. "That's beautiful Tenn" I say. "Can you draw me in there?" AJ asks.

"Sure" Tenn smiles. "You two?" Tenn looks at Clem. "Go ahead" Clem smiles. Tenn begins to draw the two. "Almost forgot" Tenn then draws a small smile on Clem.

Tenn looks at me and smiles. "Do you want to be here too?" Tenn asks. "Uh..." I look at Tenn's drawing again. "Sure Tenn" I smile.

He begins to carefully draw me, and finally puts a smile on me. "Done" Tenn says. "Wow, that's amazing" I say. "Do you wanna keep it?" Tenn asks.

"Me? But it's your drawing" I say. "I just feel like Minnie and Sophie would really like you if they ever met you, you remind me of both of them" Tenn says. He hands me the picture and I take it.

"Thank you" I smile. "Well, it's getting late kiddo, you should go to sleep" Clem says. "Can I stay up longer with Tenn and Y/N?" AJ asks. Clem looks at me and her eyes just tell me 'help me out'. "Actually AJ, I'm going to sleep now, I think you should really sleep now" I smile.

"Awe... we can talk more tomorrow though, right?" AJ asks. "Of course we can" I smile.

I watch as Clem and AJ go to their dorms. "Are you going to stay up longer Tenn?" I ask. "I will, not too much longer though" Tenn says. "Okay, good night Tenn" I say, getting up. "Night" I hear Tenn say.

I go back into my room and close the door. I look at the picture Tenn gave me and feel my heart beat faster. It feels like I'm loved here, by everyone. Everyone here is so nice to me, even if they've only known me for a few days. It feels like my old group... with Avery.

I take the picture and grab a tac that was on the table. I pin the picture to the wall and smile at it.

Maybe I will stay here forever...