»9« Storm

"We will be together here, until it's safe to go"

Y/N's POV:

There's a loud bang at my door as I jump up. "What is it?" I ask tiredly. "Y/N! You need to hurry! Now!" It sounds like Louis. More importantly it sounds like an emergency.

I quickly get up and open my door. It's raining hard outside but water won't mean anything if someone is in danger.

I run outside and find the rest of the school out here. A loud strike of lighting makes me jump as I get out.

"What's going-" I stop in my tracks and feel my heart stop. "Where is she?!"

AJ is pointing a gun at Marlon, his face just says 'scared'. "AJ! Put the gun down!" I yell through the rain. AJ doesn't even look my way.

Marlon's face is splattered with blood... where's Clementine?

My hair is soaked by now and the storm keeps getting stronger and stronger. "What did you do with Clementine?!" AJ yells. "This kid is insane! Listen,  Clementine killed Brody! I seen her!" Marlon says, looking at everyone.

Killed... Brody? No... Clem doesn't seem like the type of person to do that.

"Marlon you fucking liar!" I turn around and see Clementine standing behind everyone. We all begin to back up from both Marlon and Clem. What the fuck is happening?! Why now?!

"You killed Brody! You hit her so hard her head split open!" Clementine yells. We all turn to Marlon. "Look at her hands! They're covered in Brody's blood!" Marlon says. Everyone then turns and looks at Clem's hands. They are covered in blood... but so is Marlon's face.

AJ lets his defences down and hold the gun down. Marlon quickly pushes AJ down and takes the gun from him. I feel myself get more mad at Marlon.

Marlon points the gun at everyone in the group. I look down and see Louis helping AJ up, pulling AJ close to him.

"You're fucking crazy! Don't you all see?! I'm trying to protect you!" Marlon continues to point the gun at us. "By waving a gun around?! You're just putting us in danger!" Clementine says. Marlon takes a moment to look at what he's doing and how scared everyone is.

"God damnit! We let them into our school, gave them a roof and food! And this is how they treat us! For all we know Y/N could be the next to kill someone!" Marlon looks at me.

Me?! Why was I dragged into this?! Everyone's eyes fall onto me and I feel my anxiety rise.

"Yea? Well if we're so bad, why don't you explain your raider friends to everyone here?" Clementine says. Raider friends? So... Marlon is the one that traded the twins. That fucking bastard! God I wanna fight him right here and now!

"What are you talking about?" Violet asks. "How about Minnie and Sophie? Marlon traded Tenn's sisters up to raiders to save his own skin!" Clementine says. "She's lying!" Marlon yells. "Brody told me everything! That's why Marlon killed her! Because Brody knew the truth" Clementine says. "Shut the fuck up!" Marlon points the gun directly at Clem, his finger on the trigger.

Clementine looks at the gun, she can't do anything about this. Fuck! Do I tell them? Do I-... of course I do! I know the truth here!

"Step the fuck back Marlon!" I say, going in front of Clementine, willing to take the bullet for her. "Move out of my way" Marlon says. "No! Clementine is telling the truth! I know Minnie and Sophie!" I say.

Everyone looks at me surprised. "How else do you think I found this place?! I was kept captive by those raiders, forced to work and abused! Minnie and Sophie were my best friends there! We all planned an escape, but it went wrong and only I escaped! They told me to keep quiet because it would hurt everyone here! Marlon was the villain behind everything! He gave up Minnie and Sophie!" I say, directly looking Marlon in the eyes.

"I-" Marlon is out of words. He lets go of the gun, letting it hit the ground. "I'm sorry..." Marlon's voice goes softer.

"I'm sorry! I promise you, I tried to plan some sort of escape for them, but nothing worked" Marlon looks down. "You killed Brody because she knew?!" Ruby says. "You told me they died!" Tenn yells.

We all begin to move forward, closer to Marlon.

"Please just forget about me... just make me a bad memory that you'll eventually forget about" Marlon says softer. Clementine steps up and looks at us then back at Marlon.

"You can stay, but not as our-"

Before Clem finishes her sentence, there's a loud bang and a bullet goes straight through Marlon's head. "What the fuck?!" I yell. We all jump back and watch Marlon slowly fall down and land into Clem's hands.

We all look up, there stands AJ with the gun in his hand.

"What? I aimed for the head..."