Chapter 12

Stefan left the house to go to school and Damon left to go with the Council so this means I'm home alone. While everyone's gone, I'm gonna have some fun. I saw a CD player and a few CD's. I looked through them out one in. I cranked it up so you could here the music in every part of the house. I danced around the house exploring places I haven't seen yet. This house was like a huge maze. After I found the living room, I poured myself a drink. A slow song came on a I danced like a ballerina. I spinned a few times before a pair of hands caught me.
"Well aren't you having fun?" Damon asked.
"Yes, actually." Damon grabbed one of my hands and started dancing with me. We moved around the living room gracefully. I was actually enjoying this. "Damon your a good dancer."
"Well when you live for a century and a half, you pick up on a few things."
For the last move, Damon spinned me one time before pulling me to his body, our foreheads touching. He slowly moved me towards the ground not breaking out contact. I stared into his memorizing blue eyes. There was a sudden knock at the door.
Damon pulled me back up and walked to the door. A girl with black curly hair walked into the living room followed by Damon.
"What are you doing here?" Damon spat.
"I'm here to apologize about what happened to Stefan."
"I don't want your apologies. I want you and your vampires to stop stealing blood bags."
"My mom kicked out the vampires and we are not stealing anything."
"Just get out my house, Anna."
The girl disappeared and left me and Damon in the room.
"Someone's been stealing blood bags?" I ask.
"Yeah." he answered. "The hospital reported missing blood bags and I need to find out who is doing it. People are gonna suspect something."
"You don't think....Stefan is doing this do you?" Damon thought about it. "I mean if you think about it, he's been blood crazy lately. Don't you think he has something to do with it."
Stefan came into the room and he seemed.....happy. A little too happy.
"You seem in a good mood." Damon says.
"Is that a crime?" he sits on the couch.
"No, but it's a bit awkward considering your the serious one." I reply.
"The hospital is missing blood bags. Did you have any part if that?" Damon asks.
"No I'm clean. I haven't stole anything." Stefan puts his hands up in defense. Stefan's phone rang and he answers it leaving the room.
I looked at Damon in disbelief. "I don't believe him."
"Me either. I'll deal with that later. In the meantime, how about another dance?" he asks smirking.
"Nah,I'm tired. I've been dancing all day around your house."
"Just one more." he begs
I jump on his couch and shake my head. I close my eyes.
"Your no fun."
I laugh and sit up. "Nope not at all."
"We are gonna have to change that, aren't we?" he walked towards me.
"Damon, whatever your thinking don't try." I backed as far as I could into the couch.
"Emily, don't worry you and me are gonna have a good time together. I'm gonna show you a fun time." He stopped a couple of feet away from me and looked away. "But we are going to put that hold." He rushed out of the room and I tried to follow him but -of course- couldn't keep up. I was to see that he went through a door. I ran down some steps before I met another door. I opened it and saw Damon staring at something.
"Your a liar and a thief!" he yelled. I looked at what he was looking at. My eyes went wide. Stefan was holding a blood bag and had a cooler full of bags. He did steal them.
"I have it under control." he says calmly.
"Under control?Stefan, you have to keep a low profile. How do you expect to do that when your stealing blood bags?" Damon asks
"And what does Elena think about this?" I ask.
"She doesn't know." Stefan answers.
"You need to stop because we don't need you to suddenly snap and get out of control." I explain.
"Do me a favor and back the hell off! " Stefan yells leaving the room.
~~~~
Stefan left to rehearse for the Miss Mystic Falls Party a couple of hours later. Damon and I arrived a little bit later. We entered the house and Damon went somewhere. I watched the girls and boys practice the dance. It was kind of weird how they are so close to each other, yet they can't touch. It's romantic, but weird at the same time. At moments Stefan and Elena will mess around and make me laugh. It's good to see Stefan and Elena happy together. When they were done dancing, I saw Bonnie and Elena.
I walked over to them and they were talking.
"My grandma died for nothing and I blame Stefan and Damon."
"Bonnie, I'm sorry about your grandma." I say. Bonnie gives me a weak smile and walks away. I sigh and look at Elena. "What happened to her grandma? Why does she blame Stefan and Damon?" I ask.
"Well they wanted Bonnie's grandma's powers to open the tomb. When they did the spell, it was too much power for her to handle and she died." Elena explains.
"I feel very sorry for her."
"I really hope she's ok."
~The Party~
Stefan, Damon, and I arrived at the party all dressed up. Stefan went to find Elena and Damon and I drank a few drinks. Anna walks up to us. "I remember this from 1864." she says.
"John Gilbert thinks your mom has the device. He thinks she stole it from the original Jonathan Gilbert. We can't let him get it." Damon walked away.
I noticed Anna staring at Jeremy and John. She looked at Jeremy with love.
"Do you like Jeremy?" I ask.
She looked at me. "Maybe a little."
"Have you two talked?"
"Yeah."
"You two would be cute together." I say making her smile. I went to find Damon having no luck. I saw some stairs and walked up them. I saw Elena, Stefan, and Damon talking.
"I can't believe you lied to me, Stefan." Elena said.
"You have to believe me. I'm fine."
A lady walked up to them. "Elena, you have to get dressed. The lineup is about to start."
Elena leaves to a room and Stefan goes somewhere else. Damon walks to me and leads me downstairs. A few minutes later girls were being called. The would walk down the stairs and go outside with their partner. When Elena was called, she walked down in a beautiful blue dress. She looked worried. I noticed Stefan was no where to be seen.
"Where's Stefan?" I ask Damon.
"I don't know."
"You have to fill in. I'm gonna find Stefan." I went to go search for the crazy bastard, but Damon grabbed my arm.
"Be careful, please."
He walked to Elena and I looked around. I saw him in the parking lot with a girl. He looked mad, which wasn't good. I ran over to them as fast as I could. It was a bit complicated with these stupid high heels. When I got close I could hear what Stefan was saying," Everything's ruined. Elena found out about me drinking blood." The poor girl has to hear Stefan's problem. She probably has no idea what's going on. She's just standing there only getting closer and closer to her death.
"I don't want to hurt people, Amber. I'm the good brother. I wanna kill you; I wanna feed off of you." He explains.
"Stefan." I say. He turns and looks at me. I walk to him. "Please leave this poor girl alone." I beg. He looks at the girl and touches her neck.
"If you puncture the carotid artery you won't waste a drop of blood." he was in some trance. He could not keep his eyes off her neck.
"Stefan, please." I walk and turn his head to me. He was now facing me. I had my hand on either side of his face. I looked right in the eye. "Stefan, you can fight it. Let the girl go. Don't do this."
"I just want one taste." His fangs showed and his eyes turned red. The black veins popped out. Before I could do anything, he pushed me back and strikes at the girls neck.
"Stefan stop!" I shout.
He lets her go. He compels her saying," Be afraid of me, Amber. Run!" the girl stood up and ran in fear.
Elena, Damon, and Bonnie come to us. Stefan runs to the girl again and bites her again. Damon tried to get him off, but Stefan pushes him. Suddenly Bonnie steps forward. Immediately Stefan stops, grabs me, then runs.
"Stefan, please let me go." I beg.
I tried to squirm out of his grasp, but failed. He stopped in the middle of the woods. I was terrified. He could easily kill me and no one would know.
"Stefan, take me home." I demand.
"Damon should have compelled you that night. You shouldn't know about me. Look at the monster I am now."
"You need to control it. Don't let it take over you."
"Every second that goes by, my craving for your blood grows stronger. My throat burns and all I hear is your blood pumping through your veins."
"Your better than this, Stefan."
"No. This is who I am. A vampire. A monster."
"Don't hurt me, Stefan. Just take me home."
"No. You stay here so I don't hurt you."
Before I could say anything, Stefan left! I was in the middle of nowhere! There could be vampires watching me right now. I started walking in a random direction hoping that it would lead me home.
Elena's P.O.V.
"What do we do now?" I ask Damon.
"We are gonna lock him in the basement."
We picked Stefan and carried him down to the basement and set him down in a prison cell-looking room.
I had to stab him with a vervain dart. He was getting out of hand. I can't let him hurt anymore people.
"I'm gonna stay here with him."I say.
Damon and I sat down waiting for Stefan to wake up. Just then I thought of something: Where's Emily? If Stefan's home, where's Emily.
"Damon, where's Emily?" I ask. He looked at Stefan and back at me. He stood up and ran out of the cell and upstairs.
Damon's P.O.V
"Damon, where's Emily?" Elena asks.
I thought for moment and remembered...Stefan took her. I looked at Stefan and he didn't bring her home. I look at Elena and ran out of the house. Did Stefan kill her? Where could she be? I dialed her number and the call failed. She probably has no service. I ran through the woods, having no luck. A loud scream filled my ears and I ran to it. I saw Emily in the distance. A vampire bit her. I ran pushing the vampire off of her. She fell to the ground and blood streamed down her neck.
I felt my fangs and black veins come out. I looked at the blood and I was immediately pushed into a tree. The vampire stabbed a piece of branch into my stomach. I groaned in pain. I grabbed the vampire by the neck twisting it as hard and fast as I could. I removed the stake from my stomach and stabbed the vampire in the heart. I stood up and walked weakly to Emily. Her breathing was faint.
I kneeled next to her. I bit my wrist and put to her mouth. After a minute, I removed my wrist and picked her up. I ran to the house setting her on the couch. Her eyes were closed and her breathing sounded better. I'm guessing she's asleep. I ran downstairs and grabbed a blood bag. I sucked it dry feeling my strength come back.
I saw Elena and she was with Stefan still. I sat with her and we talked.