Prologue

Play the music!!

The Man in Moon is a peaceful guardian, but he doesn't really count as a Guardian. He is the creator, more like. He is older than humanity, and he can save spirits that deserve better. He gives them chances before he anoints them, but most don't even live up to his expectations. Some do everything to gain attention, to be seen by people. To be believed in, but they don't really protect children, which is the qualification for the job. When they were ignored, they became angry and began to scare the children. Forcing them to believe.

He decided to banish them into a dark prison, and he locked it with a mortal guard, but he missed one spirit. The Man in Moon looked for more potentials, but he saw one little girl praying before sleeping through a window. She had black hair, fair skin, and green eyes.

She was quite young, and he noticed the eye patch on one of her eyes once she fixed the hair hiding it to the side

She was quite young, and he noticed the eye patch on one of her eyes once she fixed the hair hiding it to the side. She was very pretty. The door to her room opened and let in a woman that looked nothing like her, but tucked her in. "Good night, Luna." her mother said. Said girl smiled back.

"Goodnight, stepmother." she said. The lady left, and Luna looked up at the moon. "Hmmm, I wonder what you are that makes people so afraid of you." Then she slept with a smile.

The Man in Moon watched her while a shadow hid behind a tree, watching his shining on a window. Luna felt the moon smile, and she smiled even more in her sleep.

__

Every night, the moon visited her. She would talk to him, and her smile would never be brighter. There were times when he watches her at day while being unnoticeable. He saw how Luna would care for her siblings even though they were sometimes mean to her. She would get in so many accidents to save someone. Luna was just the definition of Purity.

One night, when Luna was sick in bed, she looked out her open window and saw shadows form on the wooden windowsill. Glasses didn't yet exist, so there was no guard for her. Although she lived at the edge of the village with a huge, wooden wall barrier. The shadows formed letters. Specifically a sentence.

Hello.

Luna gasped and looked up. "You're alive!" she exclaimed. "I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!" She kept quiet as to not wake up her family.

I hope I didn't scare you.

Luna chuckled. "Nope, you only surprised me with the best gift." she said. "A friend from the sky."

Why aren't you afraid of me like the others are?

"Because you're not evil or threatening." Luna replied, shrugging. "Isn't that an easy enough explanation?"

I'm called the Man in Moon or Manny

Tell me, do you have a father?

I haven't seen you with one before.