Chapter 10

AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Welcome back to Justice. I hope you all have been enjoying this book, however this is the second to last chapter. Meaning only one more chapter after this one. I know some on you wish this could last longer, but I just don't feel making this story longer is right for this book. As I feel making it much longer would just make this book feel dragged out, and in my opinion, ruin the quality.

Now that I have nothing else to say, if you like my work please vote, feel free to leave your comments, and please share this story with your friends. I now present to you chapter 10, enjoy.

Ash walked off of the battlefield and into the tunnel on his way to the elevator to head up to the league suite. On his way he ran into none other than Gary, who was on his way to his match.

"Saw your match Ashy-boy. Nice work on teaching her a lesson," Gary said as they closed in.

"Thanks, hope it gave the others something to think about. By the way, who's your opponent?" Ash replied as he stopped.

"Diantha, the Kalos League Champion," Gary replies with a serious expression. "Lillie and I spent hours watching Diantha's battles online. That Gardevoir is going to be the only problem, I'm pretty confident I can handle any other Pokémon she might use."

"Well best of luck," Ash said as the two shook hands then parted ways.

————————————————————————

Once back in the league suite Ash received a few congratulations as he looked for Serena, but not many as he was expected to win. As he searched he ran into someone who wasn't happy to see Ash, Lance.

"Hey Lance, why are you looking so pissed?" Ash asked as he saw Lance glaring at him.

"You owe me a rematch," Lance said with his teeth clenched.

"I do? Why do you think that?" Ash asked.

"That Z-move. You held back in our match, you didn't use any of those Z-crystals," Lance replies as he continues to glare at Ash without blinking.

Ash now understood the problem, he hurt Lance's pride. Everyone understands keeping an ace up your sleeve to throw your opponent off their game, even Lance. But the issue was that their match was close, very close, and Ash didn't pull out his ace. Normally a trainer would do that only if they felt it would be overkill or that their opponent wouldn't be able to handle it. Neither applied to Lance, hence his problem.

"True I didn't. It's nothing against you and your strength as a trainer. I just try can keep a few surprises for when I'm backed in a corner," Ash replied as he put his hands up in a defensive manner.

"But you weren't in a corner in that match just now, you were in complete control," Lance argued.

"Also true, but that was personal. Iris was a friend who stabbed me in the back. She needed to be crushed. Pikachu would have won that match, but it would have been a lot closer due to the type disadvantage," Ash explained.

"Fine, I get it. That was a payback, but I still want a rematch. No holding back, do I make myself clear?" Lance replied in a calmer manner.

"Crystal. Anytime after the tournament, just pick a time and place, and I'll be there," Ash said as he extended his hand.

"Deal," Lance said as he took his hand and shook it. "By the way, how many Z-crystals do you have?"

Ash then opened the left side of his sleeveless jacket to show all thirty-five Z-crystals attached to the inside. Lance's eyes got wide as he saw them all. Ash then closed his jacket and continued his search for Serena.