~•Chapter One•~

~*~*~*~^~^~*~*~*~
Rosemallow’s p.o.v.
~*~*~*~^~^~*~*~*~

Grabbing the blade from inside my book I slipped into the sleeve of my sweater. I looked up and saw no one was paying me any attention, like always. I raised my hand and patiently waited for the teacher to notice me.

“Yes Rosemallow?” The teacher, Mrs. Jaxmis, called. Hunter turned in his seat to look at me.

“May I go to the bathroom?” I asked politely, ready to bounce out of my seat and run out.

“Yes, you don’t have to ask Rose.” Mrs. Jaxmis sighed. I nodded and got up, walking between the aisles of desks. Of course, not even four feet away from my desk I was tripped. The class burst into laughter, I felt a burning pain in my hand where I gripped my blade so it wouldn’t fall. Silently, I got up and walked out of the class with the snickers following me.

“Ah man, Hunter! You got Marshmallow good!” Evan exclaimed proudly, I knew his voice so I didn’t have to look as the door closed to know it was him.

I made it to the bathroom in less than thirty seconds. Going to the very last stall, I locked myself in. I sat on the toilet and, slipping my blade into my left hand, I inspected the damage to my right. There was a deep gash right below my thumb, almost on my wrist. I gasped as I felt a sting when I moved the blade back to my right hand. Quickly I pulled up my left sleeve and made five deep cuts on my wrist. It felt heavenly to let the blood flow out of the cuts. I opened my droopy eyes and used a piece of toilet paper to cover the cuts. Flushing the toilet, I walked out of the stall and went back to class.

“Did you get stuck in the toilet Marshmallow! You should probably consider loosing weight!” Hunter yelled as I walked in, looking at the clock I only spent six minutes in the bathroom. The class had erupted into laughter again.

“No, I didn’t get stuck.” I muttered but no one heard me. Hunter tripped me again as I walked past his desk, it was diagonally across from mine, I was in the furthest right corner in the back. Only, this time was different, he usually lets me fall to the floor, but no, not this time. This time he grabbed my wrist before I made impact with the tiled floor. My left wrist. I bit my lip to keep from hissing in pain.

“You’re so damn ugly Marshmallow.” Hunter hissed.

“Rose.” I replied.

“What!?” He yelled in my face.

“It’s ‘Rose’ not ‘Marsh’. You know, like the flower. You used ‘Marshmallow’ like the fluffy, soft, chewy confection made with sugar and gelatin.” Hunter growled at me before throwing me on the floor. At least I got to him, although I knew that meant worse if he caught me after school. I got up and sat at my desk while everyone’s laughter filled the class.

“This paper is due at the end of class and only one person has turned it in. You have fifteen minutes left to get it done.” Mrs. Jaxmis called, from her chair in front of the class, as she sat there typing away at her phone. I grabbed my journal and began drawing small sketches of random things. Fifteen minutes later I had approximately eighteen sketches and was on the nineteenth, they were small and quick to do either way. Mrs. Jaxmis stood up and announced to the students to pass their papers to the front.

“Marshmallow! Hand me your damn paper!” Kalysie snapped from in front of me.

“I already turned it in.” I replied nonchalantly.

“Whatever.” She said with an eye roll in her voice. When the bell rang I waited, as always, for everyone to leave the class before getting up and leaving myself. I walked peacefully to my next class.

The rest of the day I didn’t seen Hunter or any of his minions. Walking out of my pre-cal class, the last class of the day I headed outside to start my journey home. I made it outside, but once I stepped out there I was suddenly pulled to the side of the building. I turned and saw a person I attempted to avoid throughout most of the day. Hunter.

“Thought you got away, did ya?” Hunter snarled at me.

“Where are your minions? You never leave them out of the fun.” I state harshly.

“I wanted to talk to you.” Hunter said, slightly looking away and his cheeks tinted a light pink color.

“You think I’m going to fall for that Hunter! You are more of a idiot than I thought if you think I’m that dumb.” I turned on my heel and stormed off. “‘I wanted to talk to you.’ Ugh, you are such a donkey Hunter!” I yelled when I was walking down an empty street. I had heard footsteps behind me earlier but they went away. As I stepped into my house I didn’t smell cleanliness, or food. Mom’s not home.

“Sweetheart? Is that you?” My stepfather called from his room. I sighed.

“Yes, it’s me.” I called back as I walked to my room and put my stuff down.

“Come here.” He beckoned. I hesitantly walked to his room and saw him laying on his bed. In his boxers. “Do you have homework?”

“Yes.”

“Come here.” I walked to the bed. My stepfather wrapped his arms around my waist  and pulled me down to force me into a kiss.