Chapter 4: No One Understands

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
Marinette and Chat Noir were watching a movie when Chat realized that his Princess fell asleep..on him. Chat blushed when he found this, thinking

AAAAAAH MY PRINCESS FELL ASLEEP...ON ME!! AAAAAA!!

It's not usually something Chat would do. But he just...could in help it.

W-wait.. why did I think that! I'm in love with Ladybug!...Aren't I?

Chat got up, scooping the sleeping bluenette up in his arms and setting her down gently on her bed. He wrote a note with a  piece of paper,

Hey Mari,
You fell asleep during the movie. I would stay longer, but I have some people in need of protecting. See ya later, PURRincess
=3
See ya,
-Chat Noir

He then planted a kiss on her cheek, and whispered, "See you, princess. I'm sorry."

---
The morning came, and Marinette felt refreshed, like her head was clear of foggy clouds. She stretched, then asked her kwami, "Hey Tikki, what time is it?" Her kwami answered, "9 am." "WHAAAAAAA???"

---
Marinette ran into the school, and found herself tripping. She shut her eyes closed and prepared for incoming pain, but it never came. She hesitantly opened her eyes to see a green eyed boy looking at her.
"You okay, Mari?"
"I'm fine. And you have no right to call me "Mari", Adrien." Marinette said with pure hate.
Adrien looked at her, his eyes full of sadness.
"Shit, now I'm late. Thanks, Adrien." The blue-eyed girl said, staring ahead, her last words said with sarcasm.
Adrien watched as his Princess ran up the stairs. He waited a moment before going up himself. He found Marinette and Alya chatting, then becoming silent when Adrien walked in, and be took his usual spot. He noticed Nino wasn't sitting there. He turned to ask Alya, "Hey, where's Nino?"
"He's not here. He's so sick that he couldn't come to school today."
"Oh, that's too bad. What's he sick of?"
"You."
Adrien couldn't bring himself to speak. Even his best friend didn't understand. Why did no one understand why he was in love with Ladybug? No one could understand. He had been through so much recently: his father, his friends, Marinette crushed by his actions. Hawk Moth, for being Hawk Moth. All of this just weighed down on him.
"I-I have to go." Adrien said, jumping out of his seat.
He walked to the bathroom, and started crying.
"I-it's not like me to cry, but all of this-everything-is just... agh! Why does no one understand!" Adrien yelled in frustration.
At that moment, a purple butterfly wandered into Adrien's stall, and pressed into his ring. A mask appeared over his face, and a voice spoke into his ears.
"Chat Blanc, I am Hawk Moth. You will use your power to make Marinette and everyone in Paris understand your love. But, to accomplish this, you will take Ladybug's Miraculous."
An evil grin spread across Adrien's face.
"Yes, Hawk Moth. I will make everyone in Paris understand. Starting with Alya, Nino, and Gabriel Agresté."