Chapter 15

Luke's POV

"Luke, stop eating the candy! We have to save it for trick-or-treaters!" my dad says, slapping my hand out of the bowl. I toss a piece of candy into my mouth and shrug.

Halloween never really interested me. I always just stole a bag of candy from my mom and hid it in my room. It was easier than going through the hassle of finding a costume that I'd only wear once.

"Do you want to give out candy or have me do it?" my dad asks.

I point to him. I don't want to be standing here all night giving out candy. I'll probably watch some scary movies or sleep.

Calum stands beside me, flexing in the mirror.

"What are you doing?" I ask him, trying not to laugh.

"I'm punk rock, I do what I want," he yells.

I burst out into laughter, and Calum glares at me. "Putting on a fake tattoo sleeve and wearing eyeliner doesn't make you punk rock."

"Excuse me, it's called guyliner."

"Who are you even dressed as?" I ask him, still laughing.

"I've told you! Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day!"

"Then you can walk a lonely road trick-or-treating down your Boulevard of broken dreams because no one will know who you are."

"Shut up. You're dressed as a penguin!"

"My penguin is cute," I pout. I cross my arms over my chest as best as I can since I'm in a full penguin suit. "And Delia is going as one too."

"How adorable," Calum says sarcastically.

"You're just jealous," I say, walking out of the room. I end up stepping on the fabric that's covering my foot and falling down.

"Looks like wittle Lucas has to learn to waddle," Calum says in a baby voice. He starts cracking up and holds onto his stomach as he laughs.

"I hate you," I mumble, my voice muffled since I'm face first in the carpet. Even I start to laugh at myself.

Delia walks in and sees me on the floor. "Did he fall again?" Even without seeing her, I can tell she's smiling.

Calum nods, still laughing.

"You'd think a 16 year old would be able to walk with ease," she says, laughing.

"I can't help it. I tripped on the fabric."

"You're such a dork," Delia says.

"But I'm your dork," I say, smiling cheesily.

That was last year when I was forced to go trick-or-treating. It ended up being a lot of fun, even though I was mistaken for a 12 year old boy in my costume.

Someone knocks on the door, so I grab a handful of candy since my dad is upstairs. It's still really early for kids to start coming, but maybe Americans start earlier.

I open the door to reveal a smiling Ashton and Delilah. I wasn't expecting them to be the ones here.

"Happy Halloween!" Ashton shouts, walking inside. He shoves a bag into my hands. "That's your costume. We guessed on the size, but it should fit."

What? They got me a costume?

I stare at the bag, not moving. I'm kind of shocked. I wasn't planning on going out tonight. I especially wasn't planning for them to show up with a costume for me.