Chapter One

Priscilla, even her name sounded Prissy. Prudish. She wondered If her best friend MaryJane would agree. Probably.

Her random thoughts were brought on by the fact she had nothing to occupy her mind with. Mr.Smith, her strict math teacher, was explaining the answers to the problem which she had already done and knew were correct — no arrogance intended. It was her 4.0 GPA speaking.

"Hey, nerd?" She rolled her eyes at her partner, Dylan, slouched against his seat, buried in his black hoodie. Was he not hot? It was almost a hundred degrees in here. She was practically sweating just by looking at him.

"What?" She couldn't help the slight attitude that crept into her voice, being called a nerd by Dylan isn't exactly the height of her day.

She was proud of the fact that she had straight A's, that she was smart. But did she wish she fit in more? Sure. Did she wish she actually had more than one friend and was popular? Yes, she sure as hell did and anybody who told you they haven't wished to be popular or well liked is a god damn liar.

"What's the answer to number nine?" He asked.

She shoved her notebook at him, giving him a slight glare and turned back towards the front of the room. They had a final next week and Dylan hadn't been paying attention at all, she could care less, it wasn't her education.

If he thought she was going to let him copy off her in the final, he'd be in for a surprise.

The bell rung, startling her out of her deep thoughts. Priscilla jumped up from her seat and snatched her book away from Dylan, shoving it in her bag and throwing it over her shoulder. Her pencil slid to the floor and she sighed, bending down to pick it up. Any other day she would of left it there but this was the only one she had brought today — responsible.

As she looked at the floor, trying to find out where the pencil went, a voice cleared their throat and she looked up to see lips stretched into an amused smile. Very familiar lips.

"You want mine?" James Colton offered his hand with a mechanical pencil in it.

Priscilla stared at his long, tanned, muscled arms for a second before she nodded her head slowly, color rushing to her cheeks.

James Colton, North Valley Highs very own bad boy was giving her his pencil! Looks like he had manners after all.

"Thanks." Priscilla grabbed his pencil and tucked a strand of chest-nut colored hair behind her ear, "I appreciate it."

For a while they both stood in silence. This was their first ever cnversation and Priscilla didn't want it to end, especially since she had been dreaming about something like this since she first entered North Valley, she was sure every one of the girls had.

She took this time to study him a little, he was lean but toned, probably from helping his father on the farm. His hair wasn't short but it wasn't long, too hot for that down here.

Something she noticed from the moment she saw him were his sharp features, a chiselled jaw and light eyes. Most of the boys in North Valley had more of the "All American" look and the ones that didn't had more of the rugged look.

Realizing she had been staring longer than appropriate, Priscilla turned and walked towards the exit, trying not to trip over her own feet, it was a hard feat considering James was following so closely behind her. Now lunch period, she was sure her friend MaryJane was waiting for her.

 "Hey, boob."

Priscilla rolled her eyes at her friends greeting, sliding her bright red tray on the yellowed table. The color scheme gave the cafeteria the feel of a Retro Diner although it was anything but, especially with the menu.