Part 9

okay so i know i haven't updated in a while, and I kinda feel bad because I hate it when authors discontinue stories, so I've decided to start up again. Sorry if my writing style has changed a bit though.

by the way, i've been reading all the comments in the previous chapters, and let me just say this. I have never felt so amused, terrified, and humoured at the same time. Ya'll have the craziest things going through your minds huh? I like it.

Keep commenting, they're fun to read.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of water droplets splashing against concrete filled the sounds surrounding the room.  Your face covered with a thick black mask, ceasing you from seeing your surroundings. You could slowly start to feel small goosebumps unfold on your skin, the cool breezes of the room causing your hands to swollen and your feet to go numb.

You'd be lying if you said you weren't scared, lying if you said you were clueless. Truth is, you'd never been in this type of situation. But that doesn't mean you weren't hopeful. Knowing that not too far away was your family, your home. A group of the mightiest superheroes who were probably looking for you right now. 

Honestly, you believed it wouldn't be long until they busted into the room, calling your name, checking your injuries. But then again, you could be wrong. They might still be oblivious to the fact that you have gone missing. They might be caught in the act of finding you, running to areas where you're far from. They might even still be at home, hurriedly searching of a way to find your location. Whatever they might be doing, wherever they may be, you only hoped they came soon... otherwise, it might be too late.

You wanted to go home. Back to the people you call home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you mean she's gone?!" 

"I-I don't know, I c-checked her room... she's not there" Peter was already started to get worried. His spider-senses going off like alarms in his head. Where were you?

"Friday, do a scan of all rooms, see if you can find Y/n!" 

"I'm afraid Y/n has not been detected in the compound Mr. Stark"

"Guys, guys, no need to panic! I'm sure she just gone out on a stroll? She does that from time to time!" rushes Bucky, though the smile on his face showed a hint of panic.

"Check again! I don't care, check again! Something doesn't feel right, I can feel it." Tony was pacing, this wasn't like other times. Yes, you had run away many times before, but he could feel it. Could feel the shiver in his bones, the aching in his chest. He had a feeling that you being missing wasn't by your own intentions this time.

"Mr. Stark, I have detected a note near Y/n's bathroom mirror" Friday's voiced echoed across the room.

"Friday, scan the notes and show me what it says, NOW!" 

Pacing up and down, Tony turned to the nearest screen. Taping his fingers as he hurriedly waited for Friday to deliver the noted message.

"Look Tony, even if this is something bad, we will get her back. We will bring her home" Cap raised his hand to Tony shoulder, squeezing lightly.

"You don't know that" Tony's shoulders were shaking, though he's sobs were unheard, silent.

"I do know that. Because we have a whole team here ready to look for her if something bad were to happen. We have a whole team willing to get her back, because as much as she is family to you, she is family to us as well. I promise you, she will come home" Behind them, the Avengers were standing in anticipation. You were family to them. Losing you would be one of their greatest loses.