Ally

She is the way life should go. She should start out rough, getting the hang of it, holding on to the way it makes you feel. The way she moves her head along to the lyrics of the song shes had on repeat for days, never getting the courage to change it, because she doesn't want to miss something she might discover the next round. The way she takes forever to get ready. Trying on different pants, just to put on the first pair, because you haven't been waiting years to go out with the rest of your friends. The way she never has to tell you she loves you because you already know. she says it in the way she smiles. Her smile could put a stop to the war if she wanted to. Her laugh the background for the gospel music they sing in the churches. Her eyes the screensaver to everyone's phone, they just can't look away from the way she could pull out your darkest fears and shed her curiosity all over it. Her hands bring the healing to the cancerous burning in the back of my mind, watering the dead flowers that were planted there years ago, just to be brought back. That what she does, serves a purpose in everyone's life, finding it hard to just leave when things get too hard because she'd rather hurt than to hurt the ones she loves the most.