Chapter 50

After a while, everyone left the room and Diana sat on the chair next to the bed and watched the sleeping metamorph. She looked completely like Alyssa for real. And Alyssa spoke her thought as she got out of the bathroom: "We need to get her well before we drop her back to Neutrium." Diana sighed. She turned to look at Alyssa and said: "What are you going to do? Hide yourself all the time?? This is dangerous for heavens' sake!! We have healed her. Get her somewhere else." Pring stirred and said weakly: "She is right. I don't want to get you into trouble." Seconds later, a knock was heard on the door and the door opened. Robert entered the room and Diana stood up, exclaiming: "Just what the hell???? How disrespectful is that??!! You can't just enter a ladies' room like you please!!"

Robert shrugged. "I was appointed to look after the princess. So, I was merely doing my job." Diana glared at him and ordered him out. "Get out!! The princess is not going to drown herself into dust here!!! And next time, wait for us to open the door and invite you in before you come in!!" Alyssa who was holding back her breath under the bed nodded. She was definitely going to drown in dust under this bed. And as soon as Robert got out, she sneezed. And Diana came over to help her to get out from under the bed. She chuckled when she saw how Alyssa was looking with all those grey spider webs on her head. She glared at the door and said: "I have locked the door. That stupid ass would not get into here as he pleases." Alyssa retorted: "He is not a stupid ass..." Diana turned to look at her and Alyssa averted her face, blushing hard.

Diana rolled her eyes. Of course, Alyssa could not have found another more appropriate ass to have a crush on. Pring coughed and Alyssa forgot about her dashing prince to look after her. Diana asked Pring: "When are you coming back to your real form?" Pring calculated and said hoarsely: "About 21 hours left." Diana said pensively: "A whole day." And Pring nodded. Alyssa just smiled and patted her head. "Just relax. I promise you no one would attack you here." Pring smiled back at her and closed her eyes, still very weak. Alyssa sat on the bed and said to Diana: "What are we going to do?" And she nearly screamed as someone just appeared in the room. Stormee growled. Irene instantly raised her hands in defense: "It's me!! I just came to check if you guys are fine."

Diana asked: "How did you know where we were?? And who we are??" Irene shrugged: "She said she was the human princess." Diana turned to glare at Alyssa. Could she stop being that careless?? Alyssa said softly: "But she seemed nice enough." and she smiled at Irene who smiled back. She asked: "How is she?" Diana moved back and let her see Pring who was sleeping. Irene sat on the other bed and she said: "I am the elf princess. And I was with my parents when I heard the commotion. I thought about those cruel sorcerers and I came to check if I could help any metamorph who was escaping from them and I am really glad I could meet with you guys. At least Pring is not dead." Alyssa nodded: "I am grateful too that you were here and could help us. Otherwise we were all going to die there."

Alyssa was being so graceful as she spoke to Irene that when her stomach growled, everyone startled. Irene could not help it and burst out laughing. Diana chuckled and stood up. "Wait here. I am going to fetch some food for you." And she walked out of the room. She saw Robert standing next to the wall and said: "You are still here?" Robert retorted: "And you are still here? The war is over. Get back to your planet, demon." Stormee growled: "I don't like him at all!!!" Diana nodded to her demon. She did not like him too. She said: "Why am I still here is none of your business, Robert." Robert nodded: "I know. But on the orders of the king, the princess is my business and you are interfering into it." Diana chuckled coldly: "I am not interfering in any way. You are welcome to guard the princess. If you can, I mean."

And she walked away. Robert did not know yet who was Alyssa and how she was. But he would know it soon. Stormee suddenly became alert and shouted in excitement as a hand dragged Diana to a corner of the dorm, behind the stairs. She stared at the person and whispered breathlessly: "Noah!" The latter smiled at her and hugged her tightly to him, burying his face into her neck: "How are you, love?" Diana smiled, tears in her eyes, all the stress of tonight draining from her body as she felt her soulmate's arms around her, shielding her. She whispered: "I missed you. So much. Noah.." The latter slid down and sat down on the floor with Diana in his arms. He said: "I missed you too. The soulmate business is making me so busy that I could not find time to come here to meet you."