Chapter 71

Arthit burst out laughing again. He was sitting on a very comfortable chair, a plate on his lap and Diana was stirring something on the stove as she continued her story, her heart full of love as she heard Arthit's open laugh. "Noah then stood up and prepared for his speech. Kong baby was still fidgeting in his chair. He was really getting bored. Those ceremonies are boring if you ask me. And after some point, Noah was finally at his second part of his speech when suddenly we all heard a loud thump and a cry. Kong baby shouted, dancing on his feet: "Hurry up dad!! Finish this boring thing, would you!! I want to pee so bad!!" Right there in front of the crowd." And Arthit slapped his thigh as he giggled again. Diana turned to watch him and smiled. Arthit's cheeks were red with excitement and his mouth was full of food. His eyes were twinkling with laughter. She whispered as she walked to him: "Be careful. Don't laugh while eating." She was so tempted to tell him about the little girl she dreamed of but decided against it. It would be safe for the doctor to announce the news.

Arthit nodded but chuckled again as he tried to imagine his soulmate little and so feisty. Diana glanced at Arthit's nearly empty plate and asked: "Do you want more?" Arthit sipped his pink milk and said cheerfully: "Your cooking resembles so much my mother's a lot! Of course I want more!" Diana smiled as she rubbed Arthit's head: "It was her who taught me how to cook your human food. That was her favourite." Arthit's eyes shone and he asked in a childish voice: "Tell me more about her please." And she narrated Alyssa's stories to him who hung on to her every word. This was how Kongpob found him. He leaned against the door and smiled at how happy his soulmate was as he listened to the stories. Slate whispered: "He is glowing." Kongpob inclined his head as he replied: "He was always glowing." Slate nodded, grinning. Arthit had  always looked special to them. 

Arthit finally noticed him and started to grin at him. But then he remembered Serene's words. He lost his smile and stared pensively at his soulmate. He then lowered his eyelashes and stared at his lap. He then asked out loud to the queen who was about to bring him more food: "Diana, do you consider me as your son's soulmate?" Diana turned to glance at Kongpob who was frowning at his human at his question. She knew he was here since the beginning but she also knew that he did not want to speak to her, so she had kept her attention on Arthit because the avoidance of her son hurt her so much. But the sudden question made her a bit confused. She replied softly as she brought the plate to her best friend's son: "Of course I consider you as my Kong baby's soulmate." Arthit surprised her even more as he asked next: "Why?" Diana now turned to face her son who had such a confused look on his face. And Slate was asking: "What did you do again, Kongpob??" Kongpob walked to his human and replied to Slate: "I did nothing at all. Maybe you did something."  Slate gasped, his hand on his chest, very outraged that Kongpob thought that he could do something bad to his favorite human: "Never!"

Kongpob crouched down and grabbed his soulmate's hand: "What's the matter?" Arthit had been fine when he had reached the kitchen earlier, pushing the soulmate bond matter away. But now that Kongpob appeared in front of him, the hurt was back. He wanted his bond back. He wanted to feel complete again. He smiled at him as he tightened his hold on Kongpob's hand but turned to look at Diana again, waiting for the answer. She replied softly: "Because you said so. Kong said so." Arthit whispered sadly: "You did not feel it then?" Kongpob froze and Slate instantly whined, lowering his head. Both felt guilty. Slate sobbed. "I am so sorry.." And Arthit heard him. He rubbed Kongpob's hand and replied to Slate: "It's not your fault. It's no one's fault." But his eyes were full of sorrow as he touched his chest lightly with his other hand. He missed it. He hated that Serene had pointed it out to him. Hated that he did not want to tell that particular incident to Kongpob. He did not want him to know how insecure he was feeling right now. 

He smiled weakly and leaned his head on Kongpob's shoulder. But his soulmate knew him too well. "You want to have our bond back?" Arthit simply nodded, wrapping his arms around his soulmate's neck. Kongpob placed Arthit's legs around his waist and picked him up. When he stood up with Arthit in his arms, he saw Diana looking at them in worry. Slate whispered: "Mommy might know." Kongpob gritted his teeth and refused to ask her. Diana opened her mouth to speak but Kongpob shook his head, refusing to listen. He ignored the hurt in his chest and walked away. Arthit hugged him tighter and Kongpob rubbed his back in concern: "Are you sore, baby?" Arthit huffed against his neck and said: "I liked it." Slate raised his eyebrow in curiosity: "Liked what?" Kongpob smirked: "You sure you want to know?" He then sent healing energy at Arthit. Slate suddenly understood and he looked at them in horror. "HE IS PREGNANT!!!!"