12

Welcome, friends, to another horrible chapter of my horrible book!!!

I added this song for absolutely no reason. I'll add another song in the next chapter. It's gonna be a song I find peaceful. It make me happy. Anyways, this song is called Broken by Lund??? IDK

Enjoy!!

=======================================

     I opened the door to Mikey's room and grunted as Jessie jumped onto me, squealing.  She gasped when she saw my face. "What happened?" , she demanded, concerned. I smiled softly, "I had a talk with the mean man. He's ...asleep right now." Jessie nodded and looked at Nano, more concern flashing across her features. I whispered in her ear, "Maybe if you hug him, he feel better?" She ran over to hug him, giggling as he patted her head. My heart swelled, tears threatening to spill. I realized that I was proud of her. And that she can't stay here.

    I need to call Jamie and ask for help, and soon. Jessie can't live with us. Not when Shaun's around. Jamie is nicer that Jason, so I'll call him. I picked up Jessie when she tugged on my arm and I carried her downstairs. Nano and the boys stayed upstairs, talking about what to do with Shaun while I took Jessie to my tree house. I took out my phone and called Jamie, hoping he'd help. 

"Yo?"

"Jamie! I-I need your help!"

"Whoa! What's wrong?"

"I'll explain later. Just get Jason and come over. Please!"

"Okay! Chill! I'll call him."

"Oh, thank god! I'm in my tree house. Climb up when you get here."

"Kay. Bye."

"Bye."

      I hung up and handed Jessie my phone so she could play on it. To my surprise, she pushed the it away and asked me why I was crying. I touched my cheek, finding it wet. Suddenly, I was hunched over, sobbing uncontrollably. Thin arms wrapped themselves around me and I hugged back. I fucking hate Shaun.

=======================================

  Jamie just drove off with Jessie. I told her that they were her uncles and she believed me, allowing Jason and Jamie to put her in their car. I waited until the vehicle disappeared before going back inside. Jonny was waiting for me when I went back inside. "Ally, tell me what happened.", he said, and I looked at him. "Fine. Shaun hit her and Nano and I gave him what he deserved. He's unconscious right now, so you won't be able to ask him what happened", I told him as we walked back upstairs. He fell silent, which I was thankful for. Soon we reached the second landing, and we parted ways, him to his room, me to mine. A few minutes later, I was watching the latest video by Stampylonghead.

=======================================

        I glanced at the time on my phone. 4:17. I  sighed and turned off my phone. It's been hours since Nano told me to go to sleep. I slipped out of bed and to my window, climbing outside once it was open. I stared up at the shining lights above, wishing my phone's camera could allow me to zoom into space and take pictures of the planets. As I looked up at the glittering beauties in the sky, I sensed movement behind me. I checked behind me, smiling at Mikey as he slowly crawled to where I sat. When he was finally situated, I opened my mouth to speak. "What're doing out here at this time of night?" He grinned at me, "I could ask the same thing."

      I looked back up at the stars, noticing in the corner of my eye that Mikey did the same. "How long have you been up?", he mumbled. "I never went to sleep.", I said, my voice quieter than his. "Yeah... Me neither.", he responded. Suddenly, a big thing draped itself on me and I moved it out of my face, glaring at Jonny, who was chilling behind us. I wrapped the blanket tightly around myself, enjoying the warmth it gave me. Someone cleared their throat and I flinched. Turning slowly,  I flashed a smile at Nano, watching as he climbed out the window and settled beside Jonny. "'Sup?" I shrugged, "I was just sitting on the roof and everyone suddenly decided to sit out here with me. At four in the morning." He laughed, the sound filling the quiet.