Chapter 1

/Third POV\

Esme stayed in the woods with unshed tears for hours, her family wasn't on her mind. All she could remember was her mate didn't want her. She rejected her for what? because she was a vampire.

Esme stared at nothing, mourning the love she could have had if she were different. "I bet she wouldn't have rejected me if I weren't a monster," she said with only sadness in her voice.

For hours, Esme stayed in the woods, sitting on a stump. She felt her whole vampire life was pointless. The only reason she agreed to be a vampire when Carlisle turned her was that he told her about mates. She felt she could have a second chance at love, but here she was, feeling hurt because of a mate.

Her whole life's she's been waiting patiently for her mate to come and sweep her off her feet, but in reality, her mate didn't even want her.

After a while, Esme wiped her tears and got up. She felt better all of a sudden. She felt this was her last chance at true love and she wasn't about to let it slip through her fingers. She felt Determined to convince her mate she was the one for her.

Esme walked to the battlefield feeling somewhat guilty. She left her family here to die. Her family had an army against them was terrible, but a practically invincible army with only 6 people to fight them was just horrific.

Esme went back Home when she noticed the battlefield was empty. "I hope they aren't mad" she muttered as she slowly walked back home.

°

She walked in the house as was suddenly pulled into a hug. "What happened to you?" she heard then realized it was Edward who was hugging her.

"I met her" was all he said. She didn't expect them to understand but she was still in shock, well sorta.

"Who did you meet Esme?" "What happened?"

"did someone hurt you?"
all those questions came at her all at once. Esme wasn't even in her right mind to answer them. "Her" was all she said before walking up to her room, thinking about her mate. She didn't even know her name.

°

Cassiel looked around for something, she didn't exactly know what. She stopped in her tracks when she felt someone was following her.

"What do you want" she demanded in a tone that no one could not answer.

"What are you and why are you on our land" she heard the person say. she turned around a saw 4 tan males looking at her in a defensive way.

"That is none of your concern," she said. Even though she had nothing against them, and in fact liked them, she still felt the pain in her heart from what her father did. She felt angry at him and all his creations.

"It is if you're on my land," he said and she tried to ignore the want to smite him. He was being ignorant. Though Supernatural creatures can't tell exactly what angels are if they meet them, they can sense a pure and powerful aura from them. "You should leave before something happens shifter." she seethed and the boys looked at each other then got in an attack mode.

"We don't want to hurt you. Just tell us what you are and why you're here" the leader said carefully. He could sense the powerful energy on her, but the other 3 couldn't.

They shifted and ran at her. "Stop!" the leader shouted, but the boys didn't listen, They went on instinct. She looked over at the boys who were running at her and her eyes suddenly glowed red. She held up her and towards then, then scrunched it in a fist. The shifters stopped running and howled in pain. The leader ran over to them in an emergency.