Chapter 4

Cassiel

The day after my talk with abbadon and Esme, the cub and I have managed to get along I suppose. She isn't the nuisance I thought she would be. I haven't seen Esme since the last talk we had. I, for some reason, feel guilty. I feel like I should be begging for forgiveness rather than ignoring her. What is wrong with me? why is this happening now? Since the beginning of time, I have never felt the pull that Esme and I have, with anyone else.

I sat on a step outside of my house watching the cub play around with nothing and no one. Honestly, it's pathetic. No one is there yet she plays as If she were with a sibling.

"What are you doing, Cub? Why do you act as if someone if there?" I asked her. She stopped her playing, trotting over to me while panting.

"Because It's fun to pretend." Is the simple answer she gave me. I nodded as a sign she can go back doing what she was doing. "I'm tired now, I want to sleep.," she said. She went into the house after rudding her face against my leg. My thoughts got the better of me.

I looked at the sun for the time. I need to go meet up with her as I promised. I got up from the stair and went into the house to let the cub know that I will be gone for a few. She laid on the sofa streched out happily. "Cub, I will be leaving for a while," I said. Her head shot up to look at me.

"Why are you leaving me?" she teared up. I rolled my eyes at her dramatic question. I gently sat down on the sofa and awkwardly put her in my lap. Love all thy creatures god said. She whimpered against my chest. "Little one, I would never abandon you. I shall care for you till the end of your days. I am only going out to have a conversation with a... friend." I spoke soothingly as I pet her.

"Why can't I go?" her voice quivered.

"I don't want anything to happen to you. If someone or something were to attack I wouldn't want you to get hurt." That was the truth, along with something that could be described as a lie. I could give them a small smite and simply be done with it.

"Can you talk to your friend here? I don't want you to go." She looked up at me with her brilliant green eyes, sparkling with fear. 

"You are such a needy little cub," I grumbled out. I suppose she took that as a sign that I would bring Esme here. I put her back done on the sofa then got up. "I suppose I shall bring her, in the meantime, don't cause any trouble while I go fetch her." She nodded her head.

I left the house after that discussion. Who knew animals could be whiny toddlers.

When I arrived at Esme's house, I stood outside waiting for her to out. I knew for a fact she heard me. Not soon after my arrival, she came outside. She came over to me and nervously looked at me. "I would like to talk to you at my residence."

Her eyebrows shot up at my words. "You have a house?" I ignored her question and took her hand in mine, leading in the direction of my residence. What I didn't notice was the smile etched on her face from me taking the initiative for the hand holding.

I slowed down our walking so we could get the biggest topic of our conversation out now. The last thing I need is for anyone but Esme and myself knowing my business. "So, exactly what would you like to talk about, Esme? I know I haven't been a very good listener but now I'm giving you the chance to get everything off your chest now."

She looked nervous. I do not doubt that If she wasn't dead she'd be letting waste drip down her face.

"I know you don't like vampires very well, I know that for a fact. I don't blame you either. Most vampires are heartless and enjoy the suffering of others. I am not like that though." I listened to her as she worked through her nervousness to get what she wanted to say out.