Sketchy Laboratory

The large office was completely silent, other than the occasional clicking or scraping of pen on paper, and the sound of it being moved from stack to stack. In the back of the room, a clock hung innocently on the wall. The clocks' ticking seemed to have gotten louder at the night droned on. The faint ticking of a clock is considered 'white noise', yet when you're in an office at one am doing nothing but waiting, you tend to drown out everything but white noise.

  Inside that very office was a dark, mahogany desk, and sat at that dark mahogany desk was a very, very, utterly pissed colonel. The raven-haired male sighed loudly, catching the attention of the other occupants in the room, and dropped the ink pen carelessly onto the 98th document he had signed that day. Intertwining his gloved fingers together above his mouth, he shut his eyes. 'Oh what I would do for a cup of coffee right now', the man thought, furrowing his brows. 'I could be laying on my new leather couch, at home, a glass of aged whiskey in hand, fire lit, and asleep by 9:30, but no. I'm stuck in this office, signing these damn papers, and waiting for that runt to show up'. He sighed once more and opened his eyes.

  'It shouldn't take very long, just give the kid the information for his next mission, send him away, sign a few more papers, and go home.' The colonel winced, 'That would be too easy.' The man stared, intently, at his office door, as if his stare will make the pipsqueak appear. He was interrupted from his thoughts when one of his subordinates spoke up from across the room. "You look like you're about to flip your desk, what's got your dick in a twist, boss?"

  Another male sat at his own desk, feet propped on top, his chair tilted so only the back legs touched the ground. His closed-eyed smirk and cigarette hung from the side of his mouth, he chuckles from his seat when the dark-haired colonel growls. "That little ankle biter is late. Again." The pissed colonel ground out between clenched teeth.

  Another voice, a bit more nonchalant, spoke, "I'm sure he'll be here soon, besides, you told him it was important so I bet he's just down the hall." A red-haired male sat in his office chair, one leg crossed over the other, his salami and provolone cheese club sandwich in hand. He took a large bite, and spoke again. "den oo gan wrat him out", the redhead spoke with his mouth full. Laughter erupted from the dirty blond who sat beside the larger man, both feet still propped on top of his desk. 

"I doubt it, he most likely just went back to sleep." The male laughed once more, "oh and Breda, how bout' next time you speak, make sure your mouth is empty, use your fucking manners."

  The redhead scowled at the ash blond, before swallowing his food, "oh shut up Havoc, you know next to nothing about manners you swampy bitch." The blond gasped loudly, and spoke as if he was greatly offended. 

"No manners?? Swampy?! How dare you, I am the, most, classy, man, here. How do you think I manage to have a date every weekend? I get them digits man."

 He turned his head upwards and smirked. "You? Getting all the ladies? Do you care to re-tell the, 'I'm Sorry, I Thought You Were A Man," story?"

  The room was filled with stifled laughs and snorts, as a young man in the corner of the room spoke, "Ah yes. You started giving her your order  The man laughed, pushing up his glasses. 

"Hey, Kaine? Shut the fuck up." The blond scowled in his corner of shame and embarrassment. They're laughing came to a stop once the clicking of a gun was heard.

  "Back to work boys. You only got a few more minutes before I kick you out and send you off to the barracks." A woman stood, her gun missing from its holster, cocked, ready to shoot. Just as they were about to resume their duties, the door was slammed open in full force, bashing into the wall behind it. Breda threw his beautiful sandwich in the air while choking on the bite he just took. Havoc fell loudly from his chair as he tipped backward, his pen flying from the desk, while Kaine jolted from his seat, slipping onto the floor. In the doorway, a short blond boy stood, his boot still frozen in the air from kicking the door open.